Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota downfall

The Great One

Default Minnesota downfall

Does Mike Yep get fired this year, the off season, or next year.

I suspect he'll get canned in a few more losses

The Great One

Default Re: Minnesota downfall

Yep, Yeo gets it. I just don't understand that situation. I mean it almost looks like bad luck but pretty hard to hang your hat on that at this point in the season...

Dobber Sports Star

rough division. wild and jets are SOL
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

they aren't going anywhere without a #1C.

granlund didnt breakout as expected. koivu is paid like one but imo is a great #2C.

i think they trade brodin for RNH.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    they aren't going anywhere without a #1C.

granlund didnt breakout as expected. koivu is paid like one but imo is a great #2C.

i think they trade brodin for RNH.
    The Wild will still be in trouble because RNH isn't a #1 center either..

Next year will be Granlund's breakout, because he will be a RFA the following summer!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The local take around here is that Yeo will survive. Fletcher seems to favor him and has come out blasting the players compete levels.

Yeo's saddled with two huge diminishing assets in Vanek and Pominville who have been awful and play in the top 6 & on the pp. Pominville is the lead horse to get bought out after the year. Granlund has been a disappointment for sure just because he plays so soft. So that's 1/2 of our top 6 that has been awful. But, again, I think Fletcher sees this clearly. In a bold move, they just scratched Vanek and Zucker (he's been ice cold) last game.

My crystal ball isn't super tuned in, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a run at Staal for the stretch run. He grew up just north of MN. Brodin just broke his foot though so we lost a significant bargaining chip (or stable d if they move another d like Dumba).
    14 team, 1 year "H2H total pts" league
    g(3), a(2), +/-, ppp, pim(.5), shots(.4), saves, wins(4), so(4)

2C-
    2LW-
    2RW-
    4D-
    Util-
    2G-

Banned

Doubt Yeo gets fired in season, but will in the summer if the Wild don't make the playoffs and win a round.

Every player on that team except Suter has underwhelmed

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Snipeski View Post
    My crystal ball isn't super tuned in, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a run at Staal for the stretch run. He grew up just north of MN. Brodin just broke his foot though so we lost a significant bargaining chip (or stable d if they move another d like Dumba).
    staal was the first guy that came to mind but i didnt think he would waive to play for minny, but if he grew up close by then that definitely increases the odds. with all their expensive contracts i dont think theyd be able to re-sign him this summer though.

didnt know brodin broke his foot, guess he wont get traded until the summer then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    The Wild will still be in trouble because RNH isn't a #1 center either..

Next year will be Granlund's breakout, because he will be a RFA the following summer!!
    #1Cs are rarely available. johansen/RNH are the best you'll typically see on the market....at least RNH still has the potential to be a #1, granlund looks like #2 is his ceiling now.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Snipeski View Post
    ...but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a run at Staal for the stretch run. He grew up just north of MN.

Staal grew up just north of MN? Sure geographically it's true but that's like saying Stamkos grew up just north of Detroit.

The Great One

Yea Im from Thunder Bay- obviously I have no "insider knowledge"- but just saying as a resident here- its a tough sell to say we're "just north" in my estimation- still a six hour drive through the border- lol! I can appreciate the sentiment- but im not totally sure there would be all that much extra appeal being there as opposed to other locales. as a Staal and Parise owner- Id love if this happened though!

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think Staal is a good idea for Minny. Maybe for a rental but I wouldn't give too much up for him. Definitely not long term. I'm hoping they learned their lesson regarding has beens after Pominville and Vanek.

A Brodin/RNH deal is intriguing because I've always thought there is more to Brodin than what we've seen. Given the opportunity, I think he could be a 45 point guy on the blue line. It's becoming more and more evident that Edmonton needs to deal one or two forward 'studs'. Just not sure EDM has the nuts to do it...
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I don't think Staal is a good idea for Minny. Maybe for a rental but I wouldn't give too much up for him. Definitely not long term. I'm hoping they learned their lesson regarding has beens after Pominville and Vanek.

A Brodin/RNH deal is intriguing because I've always thought there is more to Brodin than what we've seen. Given the opportunity, I think he could be a 45 point guy on the blue line. It's becoming more and more evident that Edmonton needs to deal one or two forward 'studs'. Just not sure EDM has the nuts to do it...
    To be fair Pominville was second on the team in scoring last year and led the team in scoring the year before.

He was, at least in my mind, a great under valued asset. He just hasn't worked out this year. Maybe it's finally catching up to him. 33 years old and what not.

But I agree on your second point. I also can see Brodin as a 45 point guy. I think hes a better real life defender than fantasy but if given the opportunity he could shine. But he hasn't been given any offensive opportunities in Minny cause Spurgeon and even Dumba and Scandella get more offensive minutes. That should say something, I think.

Conclusion, Brodin is an asset I would invest in. I think he could develop into a fantasy defender if given the right minutes. I wouldn't trade the farm for him but I would take "a gamble" on the guy.

The Great One

I nailed this one to a T.

A little pat on the back for myself.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

Feel free to toot your own horn on this one.. Great call!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

Oh, did Jonas Brodin turn into the 45 point d-man that you envisioned?