Thread: Eichel Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Eichel Trade

Currently in 5th out of 10 teams after trading majority of my older guys (Hossa, Spezza, Iginla, Sedin, Zetterberg, Gaborik) and getting young studs like Forsberg, Toffoli, Huberdeau, and solid guys like Kopitar and Voracek. I have Eichel and really think I am one top 20 guy away from having a real shot at the championship this year. Should I stay put with my current keepers and just try and ship off Thornton, Marchand, etc or should I trade Eichel + someone for a guy like Mackinnon who will outproduce Eichel for the next 2-3 years for sure? Basically asking if I should be patient and wait on youth to develop or if I should go all in for this year and next as opposed to in 4 years
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)
    C: McDavid, Eichel, Monahan, O' Reilly
    LW: Forsberg, Huberdeau, JVR, Guentzel
    RW: Palmieri, Mark Stone
    D: Hedman, Ristolainen, S. Jones, OEL
    G: Lundqvist or Mike Smith

Farm Team: Demko, Kaprizov, Samsonov

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Eichel Trade

Eichel should be a PPG player going forward and have as much of a chance of finishing in the top 20 next year as MacKinnon. He's also, in my eyes, your #1 keeper. I'd hold onto him and dish Thornton as you've suggested.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

I want to ideally dish out Hartnell, Ladd, Thornton, Marchand as some sort of pairing but not sure what a proper return would be.
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Sage

Those are some good multi-cat guys you can use a trade bait.

Why not shore up your LW?

Maybe try dishing one of the four you've mentioned along with Toffoli (who's name seems more valuable than the output he will give you) for a true #1 LW.

Idno... Just a thought! Good luck going forward!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

I appreciate the advice!

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Eichel should be a PPG player going forward and have as much of a chance of finishing in the top 20 next year as MacKinnon. He's also, in my eyes, your #1 keeper. I'd hold onto him and dish Thornton as you've suggested.
    I agree with this. 2years from now he will prob out score mackinnon
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Titan

I came to say the same. Go into the yr with a plan to rebuild and don’t change it. Trade the other older guys off, especially Thornton because he’s on fire this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

I just feel like Eichel won't really be what I need him to be for a few years so possibly shipping him for a young star around 22-25 years old would be ideal

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by uator10 View Post
    Currently in 5th out of 10 teams after trading majority of my older guys (Hossa, Spezza, Iginla, Sedin, Zetterberg, Gaborik) and getting young studs like Forsberg, Toffoli, Huberdeau, and solid guys like Kopitar and Voracek. I have Eichel and really think I am one top 20 guy away from having a real shot at the championship this year. Should I stay put with my current keepers and just try and ship off Thornton, Marchand, etc or should I trade Eichel + someone for a guy like Mackinnon who will outproduce Eichel for the next 2-3 years for sure? Basically asking if I should be patient and wait on youth to develop or if I should go all in for this year and next as opposed to in 4 years
    I would go with the former. You can get good depth with guys like Jumbo, but I never recommend getting depth through your best keepers. I also am not sure whether MacK will outperform Eichel for 2-3 years. I would say MacK has a 60% chance of outperforming Eichel next year, and after that I'd bank on Eichel.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

so what do you think is a fair return for a package involving Joe,Ladd, Marchand, Strome, Brodie, Hartnell

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Master

Dont trade players like Eichel. Move Joe, Ladd, Marchand and Hartnell for younger pieces that you believe in. The most value you will get is moving these guys to teams that are winning right now. Trading Eichel seems counter-intuitive to me, so I would avoid that.

Not many folks here can tell you what a fair return is for those players b/c value really varies from league to leatgue, team to team and from situation to situation. Those players are worth what someone will pay for them. All of them have reasonable value, so get negotiating and if you have more specific offers, you might get more specific help.

Dobber Sports Jedi

You've had success rebuilding this year, don't toss it away because you're riding a high. Eichel has a rare pedigree and likely will be a 70pt guy next year. The point of a rebuild is to stockpile young talent so that you can dominate for several years as they all hit their prime together.

It only makes sense to sell off your 35+ guys to get 25 & under players. Unless you follow the Canucks model

I would also keep Brodie & Strome, it is Hartnell, Ladd, Joe you should be moving.

I'm not a fan of really large trades, it gets complicated and harder to manage valuations. You would be better off breaking this into a couple different trades.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Don't trade Eichel if your rebuilding..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..