Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Is John Scott a "great" hockey player?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Is John Scott a "great" hockey player?

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    This thread is becoming pointless with these personal attacks.
    Four topics that get everybody up in arms ... Politics, religion, John Scott threads, and trade vetoes

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This thread was pretty much pointless from the start.
    This^

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Star

Well I'm very sorry some of you find the thread pointless. How dare I waste your precious time with my stupid thoughts. Of course you know you could always, oh I don't know, get the **** out and keep your whiny mouths shut? Nobody is forcing you to read the thread, nor forcing you to post in it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I wasn't speaking to you, I was just poking fun at uber-emotional online personas in general. Shouldn't have quoted your comment. I couldn't care less about your financial state and I'll never ask you a question about investments ever. I don't have a clue who you are. For all I know you're Bill Gates. Or maybe you're unemployed and typing away in your moms basement. Don't know and don't care. All I DO know is were both hockey fans so we can certainly chat about that. Anyway, from my experience the people who talk about have money actually don't have any. But that's neither here nor there. I'm not about to judge you if you give financial advice. I don't think that makes you arrogant at all, and I'm sorry you misunderstood my joke and took it personally.

As a general rule, it's beneficial to acknowledge that a high percentage of posts in online forums are facetious.
    My bad... you quoted the comment referencing me, so I figured you were talking to me.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Tough crowd, huh?

Seriously, you might have gotten a better response with this before the All Star Game. I expect many of us are "John Scott"d out. I know that I am.

For my money, this whole thing started as farce and never really became anything other than that.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    My bad... you quoted the comment referencing me, so I figured you were talking to me.
    And that is a fair assumption!

Sometimes I have a habit to just quote the post above me. It usually loses relevance fairly quickly, because I tend to ramble when I post and by the time I'm done typing there's a good chance I'm talking about something completely different than what I meant to!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Tough crowd, huh?

Seriously, you might have gotten a better response with this before the All Star Game. I expect many of us are "John Scott"d out. I know that I am.

For my money, this whole thing started as farce and never really became anything other than that.
    I think The chart laid out by the OP was a genuine attempt to add to a discussion that a lot of people are having right now because of Scott. To call it a farce is harsh.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    I think The chart laid out by the OP was a genuine attempt to add to a discussion that a lot of people are having right now because of Scott. To call it a farce is harsh.
    I would agree with that, given that I wasn't referring specifically to the thread, but rather to the entire John Scott ordeal that we've all been forced to live through for the past month due to certain people being unable to treat fan voting with any degree of seriousness.

Sorry John, I know that you have a vested interest, but putting you in the All Star game only served to make the event even more meaningless than it already was. The only thing that is an even greater time-waste is to ruminate on it further.

Clear enough, bro?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Monster

" Level 0 - ~10,000,000,000 people (somewhere between 6 and 7 billion in reality) - These people know nothing about hockey.
    Level 1 - 1,000,000,000 people - Have heard of it, but know very little about it.
    Level 2 - 100,000,000 people - These people know the basics of hockey, but not much else.
    Level 3 - 10,000,000 people - These people have some hockey knowledge, and may have played it at some point.
    Level 4 - 1,000,000 people - These people play organized hockey regularly at some level (total guess, but I think this should be somewhat close."

Yess! I made level 4! I guess that makes me pretty special.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I would agree with that, given that I wasn't referring specifically to the thread, but rather to the entire John Scott ordeal that we've all been forced to live through for the past month due to certain people being unable to treat fan voting with any degree of seriousness.

Sorry John, I know that you have a vested interest, but putting you in the All Star game only served to make the event even more meaningless than it already was. The only thing that is an even greater time-waste is to ruminate on it further.

Clear enough, bro?
    So you think John Scott is a great player, but you're tired of talking about it? Just avoid this thread if you can. No one wins Internet arguing

Scott made the best of a situation he never wanted in the beginning and now hes 1 of the most popular players in the world. But some, like you, are tired of it which is okay

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    So you think John Scott is a great player, but you're tired of talking about it? Just avoid this thread if you can. No one wins Internet arguing

Scott made the best of a situation he never wanted in the beginning and now hes 1 of the most popular players in the world. But some, like you, are tired of it which is okay
    Not only are you a mediocre proffessional hockey player, but your reading comprehension skills are downright abyssmal. Where did I ever say or imply that John Scott is a "great player" or even interesting?

Some of us don't understand the fascination, John. Get over yourself.

RETIRED

I...am your father.

Oops, meant to lock this yesterday. Done now
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi