Thread: Ristolainen vs. Krug - discuss Cage Match here!

The Great One

Default Ristolainen vs. Krug - discuss Cage Match here!

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...vs-torey-krug/

As promised last week, it's your all expenses paid ticket to get the full scoop on Ristolainen. This was an interesting match, as there definitely was some key data lurking under the hood for both players. What do you think about them, and my conclusions in the column? Might we already be seeing close to the best Ristolainen has to offer? Can Krug rebound, even if his OZ% continue to slide? Let's here your comments!
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Ristolainen vs. Krug - discuss Cage Match here!

Real nice write up on this CM. I'm a huge Rasmus fan and I think you nailed it. As the Swords improve, this guys has "Shea Weber" written all over him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Real nice write up on this CM. I'm a huge Rasmus fan and I think you nailed it. As the Swords improve, this guys has "Shea Weber" written all over him.
    Thanks Fung - that's high praise coming from you. To see what he's doing at just 21, and with that low of an OZ%, is very, very impressive.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Thanks Fung - that's high praise coming from you. To see what he's doing at just 21, and with that low of an OZ%, is very, very impressive.
    YW and I agree. His work on the PP is a thing of beauty - manning the points with Eichel. He can clobber the puck and has very underrated offensive instincts IMO. I love his game.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    YW and I agree. His work on the PP is a thing of beauty - manning the points with Eichel. He can clobber the puck and has very underrated offensive instincts IMO. I love his game.
    I saw your other thread, and it make sense to see what everyone thinks. A common theme seems to be that they like him, but still don't see him as a must keep in non-deep leagues. It is tough, since an argument could be made that in leagues where 50ish d-men are owned, that Risto might be worth a redraft. But probably what would make sense is to trade one of your other high profile d-men to upgrade in forward and lock in Risto. Then next season you have him and the better forward.