Thread: Craig Anderson for Brendan Gallagher

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Craig Anderson for Brendan Gallagher

Hey guys,

i'm in a 20 team H2H, multicat league. 11 skater and 4 goalie stat. My team is in my sig, and we are contending. I have the STL duo, Hellebuyck and Anderson as my goalies. I have an oppurtunity to trade away Anderson for Brendan Gallagher. RW is my weakest position, plus i think this is one of my last opportunity to get valueable asset for the aging ottawa netminder.

What is your take on this? Thanks a lot!
    Team:

--------------------20 team, weekly H2H, multicat--------------------
    C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Bergeron, Toews, W.Karlsson, Lundell (start 4)
    LW: Guentzel, Giroux, Landeskog, Ehlers, Benn (4)
    RW: Kucherov, Tarasenko, Rantanen, Teravainen, Palmieri (4)
    D: Klingberg, Rielly, Hamilton, Trouba, Sergachev, Gudas, McNabb, Hakanpaa (6)
    G: Lehner, Fleury, Petersen, Swayman (2)
    Prospects: Turcotte, J.Quinn, L.Hughes

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Craig Anderson for Brendan Gallagher

In a 20 team league, I'd imagine that it's almost impossible to get a good goalie and Anderson should still provide a good amount of wins. I'd keep him, especially considering Hellebuyck and still young and relatively unproven

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    In a 20 team league, I'd imagine that it's almost impossible to get a good goalie and Anderson should still provide a good amount of wins. I'd keep him, especially considering Hellebuyck and still young and relatively unproven

I agree, 20 team league you need 4 goalies without a doubt, and Anderson is really your only goalie guaranteed to be getting full time starts the rest of the way. He's likely the least talented of your netminders but he doesn't have the risk of losing his job- Like Hellebucyk might when Pavalec returns and/or the Jets enter full tank mode. He doesn't split time like the Blues duo (kudos on handcuffing both)
    Five teams exist as of now- Two Random Public ESPN Leagues, Three Yahoo Leagues.
    One real keeper league

The Great One

Beyond what was already said, Gallagher is far from a proven entity. He had a nice run when the Habs were hot, but even accounting for him taking a few games to his timing back following his return from injury, he's fallen back to where he was in previous seasons. I'm still not sold on him being much more than a 60 point player, if even that. He seems destined to be one of those guys whose name value is greater than their fantasy value.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

In any given week Anderson gives you better chance to win than Gallagher does.

Find another way to get a RW without giving up a starting goalie.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

I keeped Anderson for the playoff, and won the league, but the offer is on the table again. I can get Gallagher+11th pick in our prospect draft this year for Craig Anderson. I'm strongly considering to accept this deal. I still own the St. Louis duo and Hellebuyck. What is your take on this?

Dobber Sports Titan

Shop Anderson around, let the league know he is available, and in a large league like that, someone will pony up more that Gally.
    Gally + 11 is a pretty nice return though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Thanks the input. In this league there are a lot of "rebuilding" team, and they are not trading for aging goalies (or skaters) so hard to find a good training partner for him. I accepted the deal and maybe i will flip the 11th pick for an another asset maybe for a younger goalie.