Thread: Bret "the Hitman" Hart diagnosed with cancer

I...am your father.

Default Bret "the Hitman" Hart diagnosed with cancer

Prostate cancer:
    https://www.facebook.com/hitmanbreth...type=3&theater

Brett the Hitman Hart with the fight of his life. We've made tremendous strides in the fight against cancer over the last decade. Tremendous strides. I've seen it myself. Let's keep the momentum going, keep supporting the fight
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Bret "the Hitman" Hart diagnosed with cancer

He was my favorite wrestler back in the "WWF" days.. I still throw people in the sharp shooter!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

The Excellence of Execution, one of the best ever. Let's hope he beats this.

Dobber Sports Stud

Aw man. The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Was one of my favourites too, here's to him beating this thing.
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Titan

I never reallllly watch wrestling, especially back in its heyday (I was too young), but I knew Hitman somehow. Hopefully he beats it
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

It's sad that we're almost at the point where it's abnormal for a pro wrestler to actually grow old. Good luck hitman....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Giant

As he said, this is the biggest fight of his life! All the best during his courageous battle!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Best wishes to him.
    What an entertainer!!!
    The Hart Foundation is like the hockey equivalent of... the Sutters!!!

1985-1986-1987 was 3rd/4th grade for me.
    Those were my first years living in small-town Canada. (small, small community btw. Windsor & Belle River)
    Man... every single recess, the entire 3rd/4th grade class would go outside and each pretend to be a pro-wrestler.
    It was good times.
    I remember all this stuff (below - from wiki).

The Hart Foundation made its pay-per-view debut at WrestleMania 2 in 1986 as participants of a 20-man battle royal which also included NFL stars. The duo were the final two men whom André the Giant eliminated to win the battle royal. The Harts gained their status as a mid-card team when feuding with The Killer Bees (Jim Brunzell and B. Brian Blair). At Saturday Night's Main Event, the Foundation faced Brunzell and Blair in a tag team match, which the Killer Bees won. The Hart Foundation continued to feud with the Killer Bees for the better part of 1986.

The Hart Foundation began a feud with Tag Team Champions The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid) in early 1987 over the title. On the February 7 edition of Superstars, in Tampa, Florida, the Harts defeated Bulldogs for their first WWF Tag Team Championship when the referee of the match, "Dangerous" Danny Davis helped the Harts to win the match. On the March 14 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event, the Harts made their first title defense against Tito Santana and Dan Spivey and retained the title after Danny Davis hit Santana with Jimmy Hart's megaphone. Santana began to feud with Davis as a result of this action and at this point, he joined the British Bulldogs in their feud with the Hart Foundation. The rivalry culminated in a six-man tag team match at WrestleMania III where the Foundation teamed with Davis against the British Bulldogs and Santana. Davis hit Davey Boy Smith with Jimmy Hart's megaphone and pinned him to get the victory for the Hart Foundation. On the May 2 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event, the Foundation defended their tag title against the British Bulldogs in a Two out of three falls match. In the first fall, they got disqualified because of illegal double-teaming and in the second fall Smith pinned Neidhart. However, the Hart Foundation retained the title due to the disqualification result.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was saddened to hear this... the Hitman was by far my favourite wrestler and one of my childhood heroes along with Gretzky.

Dobber Sports Genius

1997 was possibly my favorite year in pro wrestling. The feud between Hart and Shawn Michaels was super entertaining as a wrestling fan. A lot of people recognize the high level of in ring work Hart use to put in but many pundits claim his mic/promo skills were subpar. If you look at the program between him and Michaels in 1997 (and I understand there was real heat there), I don't how anyone can find to that conclusion.

At that time, it wasn't the easiest thing for a face (good guy) to cut a scorching hot promo and although the early Hart Foundation were heels (bad guys), jimmy hart did most of the talking then. Hart's first real run as a heel was the whole anti-american angle which he was brilliant in.

Easy top 5-ish all time, all things considered.

Administrator

This really sucks. Hope everything goes well for him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

And this is why we grow moustaches in November.

Hang in there, Hitman. I hope you kick this cancer in the ass.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy