Thread: Any real life talk about Andersen getting traded?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Any real life talk about Andersen getting traded?

Has anyone heard anything about F. Andersen getting traded? Anyone from Anaheim heard any news?

I have Gibson and Andersen, so maybe it's more wishful thinking.

Thanks.
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Administrator

Default Re: Any real life talk about Andersen getting traded?

You hear the insiders talking about it but not to the same degree as guys like Drouin, Ladd, Staal. And not even to the extent that they are talking about the Ducks moving a forward. Reality is that moving a goalie mid-season is always a challenge because every team has options. Rare is the team like Minnesota last season where trading for a goaltender vaults them into playoff contention. There's an argument that Carolina is in that position but they've got other stuff on the go.

The Ducks are also still in win-now mode so keeping Andersen as insurance against a Gibson injury makes plenty of sense. There's also still a chance Andersen is their #1 come playoff time.

This is more likely to get resolved in the off-season with his rights getting dealt like Jones this past summer. I could see him landing in Calgary.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You hear the insiders talking about it but not to the same degree as guys like Drouin, Ladd, Staal. And not even to the extent that they are talking about the Ducks moving a forward. Reality is that moving a goalie mid-season is always a challenge because every team has options. Rare is the team like Minnesota last season where trading for a goaltender vaults them into playoff contention. There's an argument that Carolina is in that position but they've got other stuff on the go.

The Ducks are also still in win-now mode so keeping Andersen as insurance against a Gibson injury makes plenty of sense. There's also still a chance Andersen is their #1 come playoff time.

This is more likely to get resolved in the off-season with his rights getting dealt like Jones this past summer. I could see him landing in Calgary.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I don't see them moving him during the year unless a trade offers blows them away. If Gibson continues to play well I don't see I reason for them to hang on to Andersen over the summer which would require giving him a raise. I could see him going to Calgary or maybe Carolina depending on what they have planned. Not sure who else would be looking for a starter.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Sage

The fact that Andersen is a RFA means that there is not a lot of urgency for Anaheim to move him. They can wait and let the offers come in and dont really have to shop him aggressively because they are about to lose him to free agency. I think Anaheim would probably prefer to trade him out of the Western Conference.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    The fact that Andersen is a RFA means that there is not a lot of urgency for Anaheim to move him. They can wait and let the offers come in and dont really have to shop him aggressively because they are about to lose him to free agency. I think Anaheim would probably prefer to trade him out of the Western Conference.
    Going back to the Jones example sometimes moving a guy out of the conference doesn't work as expected.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Going back to the Jones example sometimes moving a guy out of the conference doesn't work as expected.
    Haha yeah Steve that must have been quite a shock for Lombardi when he saw that Boston had just flipped Jones to the Sharks. That's the last place he wanted to see Jones land.

Dobber Sports Master

I've had the same question, and am in the same boat with Kylegary Flames. However, I don't see him being traded until the end of the season. And as for where, my gut tells me (in no particular order) Arizona, Philadelphia, Toronto or Calgary. No rumours, no reasons, just my gut.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would love to see him go to Calgary.

Seems like it will be the waiting game. If I knew how to give rep/had any, I'd shoot some off. Thorough responses, much appreciated.
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kylegary Flames View Post
    I would love to see him go to Calgary.

Seems like it will be the waiting game. If I knew how to give rep/had any, I'd shoot some off. Thorough responses, much appreciated.
    Reputation points can be given by pressing the asterisk looking icon in the bottom left hand corner of the post of the person you want to rep. Then you just follow the instructions. Only so much rep can be handed out per day, but it is nice to be acknowledged every now and then for your contributions. Good luck.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy