Thread: thoughts on Perry/Carlson for Stamkos/Ekblad

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default thoughts on Perry/Carlson for Stamkos/Ekblad

Stamkos comes with his ?'s but so does Perry this year, at least in my league.

Carlson is fantastic in my league (has been for 2 years)... but Ekblad hit the ground running too... (but clearly riskier).

2014 / 2015 My league stats
    Stamkos (642 Fan pts in 82gp = 7.83 fpts/gm) and Ekblad (387 Fan Pts in 81gp = 4.78 fpts/gm) +57 fan pts overall (but I give up .57 fpts/game on average comparison)
    Perry (486 Fan Pts in 67gp = 7.25 fpts/gm) and Carlson (486 Fan Pts in 82gp = 5.93 fpts/gm)

This year
    Stamkos (325 Fan Pts in 48gp = 6.77 fpts/gm) and Ekblad (246 Fan Pts in 45gp = 5.47 fpts/gm) +3 (but I give up nearly 2 fpts/game on average by comparision
    Perry (304 Fan Pts in 47gp = 6.47 fpts/gm) and Carlson (264 Fan Pts in 34gp = 7.76 fpts/gm)

I actually like the upgrade from Perry to Stamkos (I think Stamkos continues to out point Perry and Steven has been known to put up some PIM's, while perry has been trending down in that regard (age favors stammer too)

The really unknown is the difference between what Carlson appears to be (when healthy which is usually) as the undisputed #1 guy in Washington vs what Ekblad could one day become. He's progressed nicely since is rookie season and maybe Carlson's production was slightly unsustainable but is the gap here too big to justify getting younger on the forward end?

Nothing imminent... I was approached with this deal.

Thanks Dobber bro's

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: thoughts on Perry/Carlson for Stamkos/Ekblad

Stamkos & Ekblad - No questions asked for me.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Initiate

I second stamkos and ekblad, would make the deal asap.
    H2H Yahoo 20 team limited keeper. Keep 5, F, F, D, G and F or D
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 3UTI, 2G. 4 bench slots.
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HTS, BLK
    GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

Draisatl, Voracek, Kucherov, Karlsson, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

yup agreed

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It's close.

Currently sits (my counter to his original)

Stamkos/Ekblad/Martin Jones
    for
    Perry/Carlson/Bob (he's no good to me on the IR and maybe jones is the better long term solution).

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    It's close.

Currently sits (my counter to his original)

Stamkos/Ekblad/Martin Jones
    for
    Perry/Carlson/Bob (he's no good to me on the IR and maybe jones is the better long term solution).
    I think this would seal it for me, Stamkos/Ekblad/Jones side would be my pick.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would take that in a heartbeat, if only to do something with Bob. Though I am a bit biased.....
    12 Team Custom Contract Keeper - ESPN H2H - $290 cap for 15-16 (Year 2)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,SOG,HIT,BLK,STP,W,GAA,S%
    3 C,LW,RW, 5 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G, 7 Bench, 2 IR

C: Stamkos,Johansen,Stastny,Ribeiro
    L: Ovechkin,Marchand,Komarov,Galchenyuk,Burakovsky
    R: Kessel,Ryan,Abdelkader,Jenner
    D: Shattenkirk,Letang,Ekblad,McDonagh,Hamilton,Borowi ecki,Carlson,Alzner,Orpik
    G: Holtby,Rask,Korpisalo
    IR: Bobrovsky

Minors: Meier,Crouse,Fiala,Bracco,Virtanen

Dead money: $11.50 | 2016 Cap Hit: $273.50

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Long and drawn out talks. Same deal above but add in my Draisaitl for his Drouin.

I give Perry, Carlson, Bob and Draisatl
    I get Stamkos, Ekblad, M.Jones and Drouin

*NOTE: Regarding Drouin/Draisatl, not sure I can keep either (RW keepers would be Kucherov, Stone and LW Hall, Neal). In addition, I'm way over on my LW and RW games played and will likely have to choose between Draisaitl and Stone to sit/start ROS to get those games back in check.

Drouin is far less valuable than Leon if he's not moved, but if he is, and that move is favourable, he could become keeper status and I then choose between Stone and Neal for final keeper.

it's been offered to me. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

I dont like the Draisatl/Drouin part of it. I just dont see Drouin making your keeper list for next year, while Draisatl might. If you get an injury you will need Draisatl in your lineup for the stretch run, you must be getting close to the end of your transactions. Otherwise I like getting Jones for Bob, that puts it over the top. I would pull the trigger on that. I would tell the guy lets wait on the Drouin/Draisatl part until something happens with a Drouin move from Yzerman. I am not comfortable with the risk there when you are in a playoff chase.

When did you get Neal? Who did you give up? Risto? Last time we talked about that the guy wanted OEL and that was not a good idea.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I dont like the Draisatl/Drouin part of it. I just dont see Drouin making your keeper list for next year, while Draisatl might. If you get an injury you will need Draisatl in your lineup for the stretch run, you must be getting close to the end of your transactions. Otherwise I like getting Jones for Bob, that puts it over the top. I would pull the trigger on that. I would tell the guy lets wait on the Drouin/Draisatl part until something happens with a Drouin move from Yzerman. I am not comfortable with the risk there when you are in a playoff chase.

When did you get Neal? Who did you give up? Risto? Last time we talked about that the guy wanted OEL and that was not a good idea.
    Yup. Risto for Neal straight up. That was in response to the other deal going south. Figured I'd stick with Carlson as my 4th (which is damn good behind Karlsson, OEL...damn he's been good, and Josi). Really like Risto, but Neal's production was besting any of my marginal other LW's past Hall.

Component 1 For me... I'd gladly take Stamkos over Perry. Getting younger and while there are ?'s... I like him as a player hands down. No knock to Perry, but I value Stammer more.
    Component 2 For me... I'd gladly take Jones over Bob at this point for all the reason's mentioned above.

Component 3 For him... He really wants Draisaitl (he was part of the first ask before Christmas.
    Component 4 For him.. He really wants a D upgrade

I would prefer to just keep Carlson compared to Ekblad, but Ekblad is a quality return for the what I'm losing in Carlson for Component 3
    I agree totally that Draisaitl is more valuable now and likely down the road than Drouin. But is it worth losing Component 1 and 2 (definite keeper upgrades) and Ekblad/Carlson (meh... lateral move at best likely).

If I consider the move going through without Keepers become
    C - Tavares, Stamkos
    L - Hall, Neal (Palat just isn't cutting it at the moment)
    R - Kucherov, Stone
    D - Karlsson, OEL, Josi and Ekblad
    G - Crawford, Rinne
    Utility - (C)Getzlaf and (G) Jones

Unless Draisaitl is a definite keep over Stone, I am forced to trade or drop one of them.

AND... while the depth is nice, I'm currently 10 games over projected max on LW and RW and 9 over on projected C. I HAVE to sit Draisaitl down (in favor of Stone at RW) and Stamkos would Have to be played along with Getz and J.T.

So really, baring injury, he's a depth add that may cost me a goalie upgrade and forward upgrade in the future no?

Just thinking out loud here. I've been back and forth with him on the Draisaitl/Drouin and Carlson/Ekblad inclusion. He won't due just Perry/Bob for Stamkos/Jones and while I conceded already to include Draisaitl/Drouin, he's come back with that plus Ekblad/Carlson again.

Ultimately I am not convinced making this move makes me better immediately (Elliott and Crow are holding the fort) but I think Stammer/Jones over Perry/Bob is a very sound long term upgrade (especially for me who is plagued with injured and underperforming goalies.

Anyway... food for thought. Thanks Glatt (aka my Conscience)

Dobber Sports Sage

OK. I see your plan. I hope it works out. Pull the trigger and get it done. You need to get Jones in there, Eliiott's days are probably numbered now that Allen is nearing a return.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks all (esp Glatt).

Deal is done this morning.

I send out Perry, Draisaitl, Carlson and Bob
    I welcome Stamkos, Drouin Ekblad and M.Jones

3 plus 1 fringe keeper for 3 plus 1 fringe keeper. Although, I pull in 2 former 1st overall picks and have fingers firmly crossed that Stamkos can figure out how to return to top 10 material.

Roll of the dice for sure, but atleast Jones can be relevant NOW and down the road for me as my Goalies seem to be what was holding me back (beyond Crawford).

(Now of to consider RW upgrades).

1 helluva Blockbusta! Really appreciate the feedback gents.

Rep going around if I already haven't.

Dobber Sports Sage

Good deal man. I really like the fact you got Jones here, I think that is the piece that turned it from a even trade into one that is in your favor.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dude you killed this trade