Thread: trade advice

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default trade advice

For league in signature, I am thinking of offering to send Hellebuyck for Fleury. Any thoughts on this trade offer? Due to his low cost (in our limited keeper auction format), if he keeps the crease when Pavs gets back, Hellebuyck is a potential keeper for my team/the other GM. I am currently debating keeping Helley over Hoffman, as a low cost good starting goalie is gold in our league. Also the other GM has Pavs on IR so he may be more interested in Helley then anyone else in my league.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: trade advice

How many goalies are kept in your league (1 per team approx.)?

If the top 12 goalies are kept and you have a guy like Hellebuyck for $3 along with Holtby for $11, you are pretty much set in nets and ready to splurge on your offense.

With that in mind, I would actually be tempted to keep Hoffman over Barkov here. LWs are harder to come by and he is a legit threat to hit 60+ every year. Barkov can do the same but I'm pretty sure you can find a 60+ center with more ease.

How much is Fleury going for if you would opt to keep him? If he is simply a rental this year, I don't see that much upside over Hellebuyck aside from 5-6 wins and maybe a couple of SO. Unless you plan on winning I would stand pat here.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    How many goalies are kept in your league (1 per team approx.)?

If the top 12 goalies are kept and you have a guy like Hellebuyck for $3 along with Holtby for $11, you are pretty much set in nets and ready to splurge on your offense.

With that in mind, I would actually be tempted to keep Hoffman over Barkov here. LWs are harder to come by and he is a legit threat to hit 60+ every year. Barkov can do the same but I'm pretty sure you can find a 60+ center with more ease.

How much is Fleury going for if you would opt to keep him? If he is simply a rental this year, I don't see that much upside over Hellebuyck aside from 5-6 wins and maybe a couple of SO. Unless you plan on winning I would stand pat here.
    Thanks this is good advice, and along the line of my thinking. A couple of pieces of further information:

1. There are approx. 12 goalies kept, this will probably go down next year by a couple. I kept Holtby for $11 last year (which I think is the steal of the draft, and largely the reason I am currently in first place), and will keep Holtby for $16 next year (still amazing value - this year Price went for $42; Crawford for $36; Lundqvist $46). I definitely agree that if Helley is the bona fide starter in WPG next year, it would be killer for me to keep Holtby and Helley, which would lock up 37% of my league's categories for 10% of our auction budget.

2. I am definitely going for the win this year (am currently in first place), and can do so without significantly jeopardizing my valuable keepers for the most part (Holtby, Kucherov, and 2 of Barkov/Hoffman/Helley).

3. I would not keep Fleury (he could be kept for $39), so he would just be a rental this year. My concern is that when Pavelec gets back, I will lose some starts, and possibly wins from Hellebuyck, and with Bobrovsky out for goodness knows how long and Mason fairly middling this year, my goalies in the stretch run would be either (a1) Holtby, Helley (timeshare), Mason; (a2) Holtby, Bobro, Helley (timeshare). If I could make the trade, they would look like this: (b1) Holtby, Fleury, Mason; (b2) Holtby, Fleury, Bob.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Giant

How about trying to acquire Pavelec for a cheaper price? That way, IF the Jets opt for a timeshare, you get the insurance policy of a handcuff. I doubt Pavelec's owner would decline a Bobrovsky+ trade if you were to send that his way for example.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay