Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Where do you see as a fit for Andrew Ladd?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: [Discussion] Where do you see as a fit for Andrew Ladd?

Nashville - need a winger for the Neal/Ryjo line.
    they had no issues trading a first last year.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    One reason to think the Blackhawks won't be too active is because they dealt a first rounder last year and already have their second rounder out the door thanks to the Timonen deal last year. Might be a little shy in mortgaging futures.
    When the Hawks can get a player like Panarin to sign as a free agent, it makes them much more likely to trade their high picks. I don't think they'd have any problem trading this year's 1st round pick. This team looks much better at this point in the season than last year's team and they paid high prices for Vermette and Timmonen last season.

And I don't know exactly how salary cap space at the deadline works but I have read that the Hawks will have the cap space. This was helped by trading Daley and Kruger being on LTIR.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Man I would love to have him back in Chicago, he was the player I hated seeing go the most in the original capocalypse.

But, it's LA's turn to win this season, and they always pull off a big deadline deal. Normally it's them robbing Columbus, but maybe it will be Winnipeg this time.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    But, it's LA's turn to win this season, and they always pull off a big deadline deal. Normally it's them robbing Columbus, but maybe it will be Winnipeg this time.
    Chevy's too shrewd to get robbed. I think if he makes a move, it'll be pretty favourable.

I'd sure like to see the Jets sign both Ladd and Buff. We'll see what happens. I'm sure both guys would love to stay, if possible. Of course, a Cup is also good incentive to move on.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think what's best for the Jets is that they find a way to resign both Ladd and Buff. But what's best for my fantasy team is for Ladd to get moved, I like that idea of Nashville getting him to play with RyJo and Neal.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/947046
    Dreger has florida and canucks as possibles....i really hope its not true, doesn't appeal as a canucks fan.

I could see him fitting in with the bruins though

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    Florida and Pitt would be my guess.

Ladd could be Kunitz 2.0 for Sid's line. They would be willing to part with a high pick and/or prospects they have shown in the past to add assets to make a championship push for it.
    If PIT makes the playoffs, they lose their 1st round pick as a result of the Kessel trade. They retain their 1st if it enters the lottery. Not sure exactly of the rules but pretty sure you can't trade your 1st round pick to 2 different teams with separate conditions. PIT also does not really have the prospect talent to get a deal done here for a guy of Ladd's status. Don't see any possible deal here happening.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Chevy's too shrewd to get robbed. I think if he makes a move, it'll be pretty favourable.

I'd sure like to see the Jets sign both Ladd and Buff. We'll see what happens. I'm sure both guys would love to stay, if possible. Of course, a Cup is also good incentive to move on.
    I see Buff out the door. He has made comments of the note "I have no problem being up there [Winnipeg]...I just want to wear a jersey”...take all words with a grain of salt but that's a lot different than “I want to be there” or "I want to be a part of the Jets future"

I think the Jets would be smarter to dish out Buff (his value is likely higher). He will also be commanding $7mill+/season on his next contract on a team already spending ~40% of their cap on defencemen...when you look at the top teams in the league, most are in the 26-30% range. With Trouba & Schiefele coming up for renewals this offseason and affordable contracts on the backend, I would look move Buff, and use his cap dollars on to invest further in the forwards.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Because of the whole Dale Tallon connection, I see Florida as the best fit.. Pirri and a 1st should get it done..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Dallas Stars

This team needs more guys around that have won it all if they are going to be a serious contender. I don't see Jim Nill as a guy that wants to lose in the playoffs for a few years while his core "learns how to lose before they learn how to win".
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Banned

Anaheim. They need an LW for that first line.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Depends on team needs but both these guys are struggling veterans who may not offer as much as teams would hope. Ladd's deal is half of Staal's so that would probably make him more attractive since teams could presumably add multiple pieces if the Jets eat half and there is only a third of the deal remaining at the deadline anyhow.

I can't imagine there won't be an endless lineup of bidders for Ladd. Where would he fit? Do you know of a team with a perfect complement of top-nine wingers?

A Blackhawk top line of Ladd-Toews-Hossa would suffocate every other top line in the league.

The Panthers, as mentioned by others certainly could use some more jam.

I have a tough time believing that the Kings couldn't use another guy to add to the mix of Lucic, Toffoli, Pearson, Gaborik and Brown.

Can you imagine the Capitals get Ladd into that 2nd LW spot alongside Kuz and Williams?

Montreal will certainly kick tires with where they are at though he doesn't necessarily fit their system.

Rangers should be interested.
    Nice one, I also Dallas making a big push (Sorry Jannmark).

As a happy Bura owner, your Ladd-Kuznetsov-Williams line makes me nervous but also makes a ton of sense.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm now thinking Anaheim for Ritchie and a 1st..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 4m4 minutes ago
    Andrew Ladd a scratch tonight vs DAL
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Genius

Hearing that Ladd to Chicago is close to happening.