Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Super Bowl 50 discussion

Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers in Superbowl 50

- Opening odds have Panthers as 4 point favourites

- Thomas Davis has a broken arm

- Can Manning win another Superbowl

- Experience of quarterbacks

- Top NFL Defense versus top NFL offense

So many stories to discuss, lets get this party started!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Super Bowl 50 discussion

BRONCOS!
    My team!!!

I think the Panthers are stronger.
    I actually speculated they'd open with 5.5pts... and I expect the line to push that way.

Bronco D is pretty stealthy though.
    Maybe they can slow Cam down.
    I don't know... he's totally in BEAST mode this year, especially 2nd half.

Hope it's a good one.
    I've been through enough Broncos blow-out Super Bowl losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    BRONCOS!
    My team!!!

I think the Panthers are stronger.
    I actually speculated they'd open with 5.5pts... and I expect the line to push that way.

Bronco D is pretty stealthy though.
    Maybe they can slow Cam down.
    I don't know... he's totally in BEAST mode this year, especially 2nd half.

Hope it's a good one.
    I've been through enough Broncos blow-out Super Bowl losses.
    I heard a broadcaster parallel this super bowl to two years ago.

Manning versus a firing, young quarterback with a bunch of band-wagon fans... I hope its not a blow-out like two years ago!

Dobber Sports Deity

I am hoping Manning wins and retires right after the game. Go out a winner Peyton. We don't want to watch another season like the one we just saw. The guy is arguably one of the games greatest to play the QB position and this season was just not pretty.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Cam and the Panthers are going to smash them... they're completely unstoppable right now and even in his good games this year Peyton looks quite bad.

Administrator

The story of Manning going out a SB winner is so perfect yet it won't happen.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

I've been a Manning fan since he entered the league. I really hope the Broncos D can somehow find a way to keep it close and the Broncos Offence can have just enough key plays to pull out a win, then Manning can ride off into the sunset.

Newton and the Panthers looked unreal in the Championship game though. Going to be a great game for sure!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

I think the first score of the game is crucial. Yesterday the Panthers scored first and were just having fun and rolled through.

If Manning and the Broncos want a close game... I think they have to score first and put the Panthers on there heels a little bit.

Dobber Sports Stud

Panthers by 17....

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think the first score of the game is crucial. Yesterday the Panthers scored first and were just having fun and rolled through.

If Manning and the Broncos want a close game... I think they have to score first and put the Panthers on there heels a little bit.
    Agree completely. I really don't think the Broncos stand a chance to be honest-- but their d is so good that if they get momentum from some early Denver scores, they could hang on for 4 quarters and win.

Dobber Sports Deity

Imagine how good Carolina is going to be next year once they get Kelvin Benjamin back too. Scary!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Panthers are going to smash.

As a Broncos/Peyton fan, it's going to be ugly. Fortunately Cam is awesome and fun so I'm fine with him winning.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Imagine how good Carolina is going to be next year once they get Kelvin Benjamin back too. Scary!
    I was thinking about this today. Do you think they'll be considered the top team next year? The Panthers are far and away the class of the NFL right now-- in a year where the experts had them pegged to be a bottom-feeding team. That said, even when they started smoking teams it's always been coupled with, "well they have an easy schedule", or "yea but they almost blew it at the end", or "the NFL is just weaker this year"

Nobody would admit that they really are that good. Why? Sadly, I think it's because they had no players taken in the first three rounds of fantasy drafts so people assume they have no talent. Fantasy football is so intense that it's revolutionized the way people evaluate teams. The Panthers may not have a fantasy stud outside of Cam but it's clear that whatever they are doing is astronomically better than what the other 31 teams are doing. I think that tells us something about the NFL and how it's played now. Over the last few years everyone has obsessed over this intense shift to the passing game. I've heard so many times that "the NFL is a passing game" ever since guys like Brady/Rodgers/Manning have been shredding records the last decade. I find that to be a bunch of fantasy-football mumbo jumbo. People assume that the Pats/Broncos/Packers are the top tier teams because they have such awesome quarterbacks, but that's not enough to win when the league now has so much talent in the less-heralded positions.

The Panthers win because they constantly win in the trenches. They have incredible lines on both sides of the ball. They prioritize speed over strength with their linebackers. They run the ball between the tackles, they make smart passes, they don't constantly try and uncork the game with a big play. They realize that a well-oiled team game is far more effective than throwing to a superstar 15 times a game. Combine that with a qb who can throw as good as any qb and run better than most rbs, it's hard to imagine anyone stopping them. It's honestly been flawless football for 16 weeks and it's sad that people still make comments as to why the Panthers aren't as good as top teams in the past. A Super Bowl win will validate them and will likely mark a new era of the NFL. The NFL Golden Boys are getting old and it's time for some new ones!

I think that Carolina takes this game by more then 2 td's..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Good lord can anyone stop the freight train that is the Carolina Panthers? I love the set-up for this one: when the student becomes the master.

I love Manning, and think its great that he gets to play in one more Super Bowl before he hangs up his cleats. But the Broncos will have to rush a lot more than three to take Cam down. And Olsen...pfft...he'll have another stellar performance.

The Panthers D had success vs Palmer because they were able to push up the middle front four, collapse the pocket and move him off his mark. I see no reason why they can't repeat that game plan against Denver's OL. Look for Kuechly to add another pick-six to his stat line.

I just want to see Manning make a game of it. Panthers 27-17.
    @SmittysRant