Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Super Bowl 50 discussion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Super Bowl 50 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Most people do hate him. You either hate him or love him. No middle ground.... and I am for the latter!!
    My comment was mostly sarcastic! lol I'm not big on the excessive celebrations either, but that's just the Canadian in me coming oot (yes, I said oot, as in oot and aboot).

Dobber Sports Titan

3 days away now!

I’m ready for the SB party! Get my all-you-can-eat grub on!

What’s more surprising? Jake Allen having a broken bone in his foot heal in 3 weeks with laser surgery, or the Panthers practice squad guy and his prosititutes?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm proud... the money line pushed to exactly 5.5pts... where I pegged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    BRONCOS!
    My team!!!

I think the Panthers are stronger.
    I actually speculated they'd open with 5.5pts... and I expect the line to push that way.
    Gonna be another interesting Super Bowl for bets.
    Tuesday article by ESPN suggested 90% of the money is on Carolina.
    That's crazy.

Likely, the casual bettors are still scarred by Super Bowl 48 and resolve to not be burned again.
    I wonder if the books (/smart money) realized this sort of feeling of the masses.
    Sort of... like a "hedge bet" for the casual gambler... to go in on Carolina and erase looking like a dummy 2 years ago... that's my theory on why so much on Carolina.
    Article here.

Dobber Sports Titan

Also, over the last 49 Superbowls, the coin toss has been 24heads-25tails. All my money and belongings on Heads please.

Dobber Sports Titan

Newton missed about 4 open guys yesterday with bad over throws. Super glad he showed some of his true colours last night. He has to mature up. Having 0 interest in the post-game interview and saying the same answer over and over (Lynch like) (but he did just complete suck that game, so I kinda get it), walking out mid question, having his little tantrum not getting a flag on a call.

I also wasn’t too fond of how he said something along the lines of people don’t like him because he’s a black QB. It not because your black, it’s because you’re arrogant.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Newton missed about 4 open guys yesterday with bad over throws. Super glad he showed some of his true colours last night. He has to mature up. Having 0 interest in the post-game interview and saying the same answer over and over (Lynch like) (but he did just complete suck that game, so I kinda get it), walking out mid question, having his little tantrum not getting a flag on a call.

I also wasn’t too fond of how he said something along the lines of people don’t like him because he’s a black QB. It not because your black, it’s because you’re arrogant.
    That's a false statement. Brady and Rodgers are incredibly arrogant. They don't take the same kind of heat. They're winners? Well the acted the same before they won anything. If you don't think his skin color has anything to do with how people feel about him, you've got some serious blinders on. You're wishing and hoping beyond logical thought that racism isn't as prevalent as football society has proved that it is.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That's a false statement. Brady and Rodgers are incredibly arrogant. They don't take the same kind of heat. They're winners? Well the acted the same before they won anything. If you don't think his skin color has anything to do with how people feel about him, you've got some serious blinders on. You're wishing and hoping beyond logical thought that racism isn't as prevalent as football society has proved that it is.
    Wilson doesn't get the same hate. Kaep wasn't getting anything near the same level of hate

McNair, Vick (uuhhh, playing career), Cullpepper, RG3, McNabb, and Moon never got that. Maybe on some level, but no where near level Cam has. And that's because of his antics.

Him walking off on the interview, apparently you can hear a Bronco player describe how they beat the Panthers, and that may be why he walked off. But I come on, there has been 49 other times a QB finished an interview.

Can't say i will really ever like him unless he changes a fair bit. I don't think Rodgers is anything like Newton, and people do hate Brady. A lot of people do, like 90% of the world outside of New England.

Wilson doesn't get the same hate. Kaep wasn't getting anything near the same level of hate

McNair, Vick (uuhhh, playing career), Cullpepper, RG3, McNabb, and Moon never got that. Maybe on some level, but no where near level Cam has. And that's because of his antics.

Him walking off on the interview, apparently you can hear a Bronco player describe how they beat the Panthers, and that may be why he walked off. But I come on, there has been 49 other times a QB finished an interview.

Can't say i will really ever like him unless he changes a fair bit. I don't think Rodgers is anything like Newton, and people do hate Brady. A lot of people do, like 90% of the world outside of New England.
    Rodgers is exactly like Newton. Other than being white. RG3 and Vick both got a ton of hate. Have you watched all 49 losing QB superbowl interviews? To unequivocally say they definitely finished them? Hell, when Peyton lost to the Saints he ran off the field and refused to shake Brees hand. Did you even know that before I said it right here? If Cam did that, you'd sure as hell know immediately.

YOU might not hate Newton because he's black. I'm not calling you racist. But I promise a ton of the hate thrown at Cam is because of his skin color.

Dobber Sports Titan

i did because i read that on Bleacher this morning, as did a lot of people who use that stat when arguing about Newton (Payton not shaking Bree's hand). But he did do the interviews after. Obviously the interviews will be less than stellar. But Norman did the interviews (in his suit), Rivera finished his interviews. BTW he did do a list of things of what went wrong in the game (we didn't ___, we didn't ____, we didn't ____). He said, "we dropped balls", "we turned the ball over", "gave up sacks", then commented on his passes. Maybe I'm over analyzing what someone said/did right after the biggest lose in his life but man did it just make me not like him more. His little tantrum on the ground in the End-zone near the end of the game also made me think he needs to grow up.

My thinking is if he's going to be a showman winner (when he is winning he's all about "camera on me"), he better be someone who can take a lose. Sore winner better not be a sore loser. Maybe the young "hot shot" (he's gotten to where he is in life being that style of person, it's not an insult) he got caught up in the teams success this yr, but he's got to learn how to lose gracefully if he's going to do what he does in a win. Just my 2cents here.

i did because i read that on Bleacher this morning, as did a lot of people who use that stat when arguing about Newton (Payton not shaking Bree's hand). But he did do the interviews after. Obviously the interviews will be less than stellar. But Norman did the interviews (in his suit), Rivera finished his interviews. BTW he did do a list of things of what went wrong in the game (we didn't ___, we didn't ____, we didn't ____). He said, "we dropped balls", "we turned the ball over", "gave up sacks", then commented on his passes. Maybe I'm over analyzing what someone said/did right after the biggest lose in his life but man did it just make me not like him more. His little tantrum on the ground in the End-zone near the end of the game also made me think he needs to grow up.

My thinking is if he's going to be a showman winner (when he is winning he's all about "camera on me"), he better be someone who can take a lose. Sore winner better not be a sore loser. Maybe the young "hot shot" (he's gotten to where he is in life being that style of person, it's not an insult) he got caught up in the teams success this yr, but he's got to learn how to lose gracefully if he's going to do what he does in a win. Just my 2cents here.
    Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kuechly, Rivera, and Norman all showed maturity after the game.

But this isn’t going anywhere. One view vs another.

How about that Panther whose forearm looks like a football now?! That’s got to be one of the toughest people in sports to play.