Thread: Squash

Default Squash

Just wondering if any of you guys play Squash!?

How long have you been playing?

What kind of gear do you have (racquet, shoes)?

Where do you play?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

The Great One

Default Re: Squash

racquet
    shoes
    goggles

Used to play when I lived in Windsor

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Used to play 3 times a week until the last squash court in my town got replaced with an MMA training center. Was pretty pissed about that but what can ya do. Fantastic game and a great workout as long as both people are close in skill level.

The Great One

I turned to squash in college after I was unable to make the varsity tennis team. But as the US moved more toward playing "soft" ball I found myself less interested. I'm planning to start playing more as I get older. It's a great workout and I like that it's fast paced but leaves room for a lot of strategy and skill.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

I am thinking about investing in a pair of shoes, not sure though - would like something multi-purpose if possible.
    I have a Black Knight racquet, it's getting pretty beat up haha

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I turned to squash in college after I was unable to make the varsity tennis team. But as the US moved more toward playing "soft" ball I found myself less interested. I'm planning to start playing more as I get older. It's a great workout and I like that it's fast paced but leaves room for a lot of strategy and skill.
    Agreed, definitely a great workout!

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Used to play 3 times a week until the last squash court in my town got replaced with an MMA training center. Was pretty pissed about that but what can ya do. Fantastic game and a great workout as long as both people are close in skill level.
    That does suck! We have three different places in Barrie with squash courts, currently!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Great game and you're right, it's always best if skill level is close for a good game.

Dobber Sports Expert

I play once a week usually. Sadly broke a rib getting hit by a ball in the end of November. Still not fully healed. But nonetheless Squash is my fav sports. Just sadly kinda expensive over here with the courts not beeing too many arround.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I haven't played for a few months but I LOVE the game. Trying to find new partners in areas where I am is difficult because I travel a lot. My dad played it for years and when he started the only thing he told me was if you are close in skill with your opponent; you can have the best game ever. But if there is a little bit of a difference, player A will beat player B every time. After playing for 5 years I have to strongly agree with that theory.

Anyone in Burlington???