Thread: Erik Johnson injury and why the NHL hates fantasy leagues

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Erik Johnson injury and why the NHL hates fantasy leagues

Those of us who have EJ and enjoy watch him rush the puck up and launch one from the point with his booming shot groaned when he went down, in a rather seemingly harmless way, on January 4. After the game, Avalanche coach Patrick Roy said defenseman Erik Johnson's absence from the lineup with a lower body injury suffered against Los Angeles Monday night would be "short term." When pressed further, Roy responded, "It could be five, 10 days, 12 days — short term."

It's now been more than two weeks and we are no closer to learning the nature of the injury (although I think it is his non-surgical knee) or when he is coming back.

I also just found out that Cammilieri's recent "upper body injury".....that sidelined him from my line up was a hand injury! I wonder if the NHL, in an effort to throw those pesky guys who target known injuries, would try to deceive us by calling it a lower body injury if Cammi kept his hands at his waist at the time.

This crazy UBI/LBI and no updates, like ever, can only mean the NHL hates fantasy GMs!

The Wolverine

Default Re: Erik Johnson injury and why the NHL hates fantasy leagues

Timely post. Saw this update today:

https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/689878081239056384

Roy said EJ (lower body) is progressing and might return soon. "He practiced today. He looked good."
    Obviously still no timetable but it's at least promising.

Dobber Sports Genius

The NHL likes to do this to their fans *cough* *cough* Scott all star game fiasco *cough*

The Wolverine

Plans to return on Friday or Saturday:

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...day?source=rss