Thread: Jan 19 Yahoo GPP Lineup(s)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Jan 19 Yahoo GPP Lineup(s)

I decided to switch up the rosters a bit today. With the first one, I am using Kane, Panarin, and Anisimov. I am going against the grain and not using Washinton as I feel the Capitals will have a hard time getting pucks around Bobrovski. Like Halak, goalies like Mr. Bob generally do better than expected against the Caps. Now I feel that Ovi will get a goal, but I do not see any multi point efforts from the line. The second line will be Stamkos, Namestikov, and Stralman. The Oilers burned me yesterday, but I am confident that the team will turn into a BP oil spill and the Lightning will slip and slide all over the scoresheets.

On both rosters I am using NJ Palmeri and Schlemko**, along with TB Namestnikov and Stralman. Both Lundqvist and Vasilevskiy are my starting goalies. I am still undecided between Severson and Schlemko. Severson has a lower cieling but a higher floor. Schlemko can get 10 points as easily as he can get -1 or -2. Other than that I think this will do well. If both my goalies win today, I am confident that this lineup is going to pay out:

1)
    C: Namestnikov and Anisimov
    W: Palmeri, Kane, Panarin
    D: Schlemko** and Stralman

2) C: Namestnikov and Stamkos
    W: Palmeri, Lucic, Toffoli
    D: Schlemko** and Stralman

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Jan 19 Yahoo GPP Lineup(s)

At the last minute, I decided to switch out Palmeri for Stempniak. I decided to go with Schlemnko I felt the return of Cam had would spark that line. Although it was weak,I got two goalie wins and that helped propel each line into the money standings. this is the 3rd time in 5 tries I have cashed out and twice I have more than doubled. I decided to go to the Kings vs Stars game tonight and had the pleasure of seeing Lucic gather a goal and Taffoli grab an assist , along with some shots and a plus rating. The Lightning team finished with 93 points and the Devils team finished with 98 points. This is becoming quite fun. I used only analytical stats today to put the team together, while learning that momentum can overcome recent history with the Blackhawks Kane and Panarin scoring goals against the Preds. I was very wrong about the Ovechkin line and the team overall. I am sure you would have won money just stacking that team correctly. I could have been better with the Defense and selected Severson, but I am not sure if his 7 extra points would have put me into a higher payout bracket with the 98 point team. Out of 5 tries at this, I have cashed out 3 times while more than doubling my investment once. At the moment, I have turned 25 dollars into 260 dollars. Being able to scout 3/4 or even 4/5 of games over a couple of months would be pretty wicked. Only if I can properly predict the goalies with better accuracy, then I believe I can win the money with my general picks on forwards and Dmen