Thread: MY DFS Yahoo and FanDuel Lineups

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default MY DFS Yahoo and FanDuel Lineups

Fanduel
    G Montoya, D Ekman-Larsson and Karlsson, LW Huberdeau and Hoffman, C Couture and Thornton, RW Boedker and Jagr

Yahoo
    G Montoya and Zadkoff, D Ekman-Larsson and Brian Campbell, W Jagr, Boedker, and Marleau, C Hanzal and Couture

Took me a couple of hours to put them together, but I feel like the roster is still a rough draft. Brian Campbell is a big sleeper. He now mans the #1 PP line with Ekblad going down at $12 on Yahoo and a pile of rocks on Fanduel. Zadkoff I feel is a bit of sleeper due to his inactivity. The Pens might be hitting their stride and they face off against a bruised and battered St Louis Blues team. I feel the whole Blues team is one to stay way from tomorrow tbh, but PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. I am still a newb to this. Next, I know a jammed rifle can sometimes shoot more than Thornton and Hanzal, but I feel there is upside. With the Sharks and Yotes facing off against two poor pk units and teams that face alot of shots with a high opponent shot percentage per goal ratio, the powerplay goals might rain in their favor. I feel that it might be in my best interests to put Dustin Byfuglien somehow, but Campbell an Ekman Larsson seem like strong picks. Should I take out Larsson for Buff and use the money elsewhere? How about Karlsson and Ekman-Larsson, or would it be better to spread the money around as well. Any suggestions as to what I can do to upgrade the roster for a better overall day tomorrow??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: MY DFS Yahoo and FanDuel Lineups

Try to always define what kind of contest you are entering.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

IMO - to win mass-entry pools, you have to commit to end-results.

For example,
    If you expect Florida to score 4 goals... and Jagr to get, say, 3points and some PPP... then you might as well roster linemates Barkov & Huberdeau.
    If you expect Ottawa to score points... you've got to fully commit to several of them together.

For SJ, Marleau is currently center line 2, Couture on line 3.
    http://leftwinglock.com/line-combina...=EV&gametype=1
    For that reason, I don't see why you should pick these guys separately.
    If you are commiting to them scoring on the PP, then you might as well be picking Burns and/or Pavelski and/or Thornton.

It's a concept that a lot of casual fans don't grasp when they play Daily... "I'll pick this player & this player..." etc.
    No.
    You have to pick full results.
    That's what the experts are doing.

If you pick 3 SJ Sharks and they have a good game, likely you'll get beat by the guy with 4 SJ Sharks.
    If you pick 2 OTT Sens and they have a good game, likely you'll get beat by the guy with 3 or 4 OTT Sens.
    Here, you are getting beat because the combined pool of experts in a large mass-entry pool are going ALL-IN with a strategy more extreme, more "dominant" than yours.

An expert says - I'm going to make an entry for San Jose scoring 6 goals.
    So he picks Burns AND Thornton AND Pavelski AND Hertl... (and maybe Couture & Marleau if he expects PPP).

BTW. It's Zatkoff... with a T.
    If you can't spell all the names correctly, you are too casual a fan to be betting.
    Sorry - that will come across mean, but you've got to be an expert to be making money thru betting.
    I post this because I'm trying to be helpful to fellow forum members, FYI.
    [If it comes off too abrasive - I apologize - think of me as your tough-loving mom.]

Good advice, Pengwin7!

Dobber Sports Rookie

I changed my line to Marleau, pavelski, couture, Jones from sj. Jagr and campbell from fla, o'reilly and ristolainen from buf. Im using cheap players on d that run #1 D and PP and these guys are facing bad pk teams. I dont want to stack a whole line as Im aiming for more overall goals because these players are cheap with high expectations. I started with $40 and cashed out in 2/3 if GPP and always cashing out 50/50. Thank you for the criticism. I will consider more line stacking. Btw, the top is yahoo 50/50 and gpp. Fanduel is the same. Should i structure the rosters differently for 50/50 and gpp?

Quote Originally Posted by winningwithstyle View Post
    I changed my line to Marleau, pavelski, couture, Jones from sj. Jagr and campbell from fla, o'reilly and ristolainen from buf. Im using cheap players on d that run #1 D and PP and these guys are facing bad pk teams. I dont want to stack a whole line as Im aiming for more overall goals because these players are cheap with high expectations. I started with $40 and cashed out in 2/3 if GPP and always cashing out 50/50. Thank you for the criticism. I will consider more line stacking. Btw, the top is yahoo 50/50 and gpp. Fanduel is the same. Should i structure the rosters differently for 50/50 and gpp?
    GPP prize structure = top level heavy, so you should aim for a riskier lineup with high upside. 50/50, it doesn't matter how high you finish as long as you're in the top half.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ok. So i should line stack big on gpp kinda like going all in. I have 3 gpp entries with semi-different teams and almost none are conflicting. I like the blues, sharks, and panthers today. Hbu?

Quote Originally Posted by winningwithstyle View Post
    Ok. So i should line stack big on gpp kinda like going all in. I have 3 gpp entries with semi-different teams and almost none are conflicting. I like the blues, sharks, and panthers today. Hbu?
    Guess you got killed?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Oh no doubt. I did a big line change, but I still left Montoya and Stalock in. I should have never used a the Panthers on a back to back since they are a bit older and do not put a ton of points on the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no doubt. I did a big line change, but I still left Montoya and Stalock in. I should have never used a the Panthers on a back to back since they are a bit older and do not put a ton of points on the board. I put in Hertl,Pavelski, Thornton, but still had Jagr and Campbell. Campbell edned up being a good pickup for $12, but Jagr was missing all over the place. If you take all the goalies out of every losing day I have played, then I would have won money. The past 2 losing days of mine have come due to myself putting in goalies that do not account for more than 1.0 point. The ONLY goalies that have won games for me since Friday is Corey Crawford and Scott Darling. That makes me 2 for 6 on starting goalies. I have played hockey my whole life and I understand the skaters alot (Even bigger reason to hate myself for playing strong on the Panthers yesterday), yet I am very poor at judging a goalie. In my free yearly fantasy leagues, I am solid at picking players and most of my forwards and 2 defenseman are top 75, whereas my goalies are Halak and Rinne who are both ranked outside of the top 200 with rinne being in the 350s. What I really need is education on the factors that play into fantasy goalie selections. I lost GPP on sunday by 0.5 points when I decided to start Gibson. I lost Monday by 8 points on the doubleups and the GPP although every one of my players, minus Jagr, put points on the board and most had double figure point totals