Thread: I need advice for my daily nhl fantasy league with my friends

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default I need advice for my daily nhl fantasy league with my friends

Here is my story .... we are 10 friends who are doing every day an hockey league together on fanduel. We do a free private league among us, and pay each other in person, so we do dont pay any juice ( and saving a fortune at the end of the year ).

So 10 guys, one winner every day, rank 2-3-4 are even , 5-6-7 , must pay the winner , 8-9-10 must pay the winner double the stakes ( we change from week to week for how much we are gambling ) ...

Well, we are not playing for big money, but im getting crushed all the time, and im looking for advice and/or tool , cause it start to hurt my pride ( and wallet ) to be the guy who pays them all the time.

I use the website daily faceoff to know the starting goalies, and the lines of every team.

I understand that

* taking players who are playing against a bad team( bad goaler ) that day will be good, cause the price of such player wont be increased by the fact that they are playing against a bad team/goaler.

* taking a player that as been recently promote on the 1st line due to illness or injury of the regular guy on the 1st line , is good cause he is usualy cheap and will play with better players

* taking a goaler of a team that is playing a bad team and/or known for having a very small " goal for per game avg " for the same reason than my 1st point.

so ty for any help guys

Default Re: I need advice for my daily nhl fantasy league with my friends

Welcome to the boards LeonardHofstadter. I'm not into DFS, but I'm quite certain a more qualified forum member will be around in no time to help you out. Good luck!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardHofstadter View Post
    Here is my story .... we are 10 friends who are doing every day an hockey league together on fanduel. We do a free private league among us, and pay each other in person, so we do dont pay any juice ( and saving a fortune at the end of the year ).

So 10 guys, one winner every day, rank 2-3-4 are even , 5-6-7 , must pay the winner , 8-9-10 must pay the winner double the stakes ( we change from week to week for how much we are gambling ) ...

Well, we are not playing for big money, but im getting crushed all the time, and im looking for advice and/or tool , cause it start to hurt my pride ( and wallet ) to be the guy who pays them all the time.

I use the website daily faceoff to know the starting goalies, and the lines of every team.

I understand that

* taking players who are playing against a bad team( bad goaler ) that day will be good, cause the price of such player wont be increased by the fact that they are playing against a bad team/goaler.

* taking a player that as been recently promote on the 1st line due to illness or injury of the regular guy on the 1st line , is good cause he is usualy cheap and will play with better players

* taking a goaler of a team that is playing a bad team and/or known for having a very small " goal for per game avg " for the same reason than my 1st point.

so ty for any help guys
    A private league and you guys are playing every day? Just to be clear. How long or how many days have you played so far? You might be not actually be doing that bad since only 1 person can win out of 10.

After you see everyone's lineups, do you notice certain players always being chosen?

Dobber Sports Recruit

kytmagic -----> every day since beginning of november

kytmagic -----> every day since beginning of november
    Have you kept track how of you have won? And out of how many days? That would be very useful info.

Dobber Sports Recruit

i did not track

just that we wire payments every monday to the winners ( the sum of winning and losses of the past 7 days ) and I had only losing weeks for like 15 in a row.

i did not track

just that we wire payments every monday to the winners ( the sum of winning and losses of the past 7 days ) and I had only losing weeks for like 15 in a row.
    Do you have an answer to my other question? Does everyone usually have the same group of players?