Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hellebuyck, Gibson and Fleury

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hellebuyck, Gibson and Fleury

I Can keep only 2 goalies. w, sav%, Gaa
    Roto pool so I'll be getting most of my yearly allotment of 164 starts in rather quick if I run all 3 out there nightly.

I've been getting frustrated with the Penguins this year, and with fleury in years past.
    I own both Hellebuyck and Gibson as well as Fleury. Are these kids solid enough to keep the two youngins and trade fleury away towards the end of the season?

What are your thoughts, thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Hellebuyck, Gibson and Fleury

I would hold Flower until you see what happens in the Winnipeg crease once Pavelec gets back.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - Eichel, Hischier,
    LW -
    RW -
    D - Hamilton,
    G - Hellebuyck

Packer Fan

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    I would hold Flower until you see what happens in the Winnipeg crease once Pavelec gets back.
    Good advice. I'll definitely do that to help me this season. But going forward for next year, does anyone think they would be happy with Gibson and Hellebuyck as their 1/2 starters?

I'm assuming at worst they will be platooning as 1A's... Am I jumping the gun here?

Dobber Sports Newbie

I have a similar issue. Bob has been activated off IR. I can't mahe a trade with an ineligible player on IR. 3 goalies max. I have to drop one from Fleury, Hellebuyck, Gibson or Bob. Fredrik Andersen started last 2 for W's, but Gibson is an all star and should be the main goalie going forward (Andersen gets dealt?). Hellebuyck just got 2nd shutout, 11-6-1, 2.00 GAA, .931 save %. He is in Calder Trophy consideration, but Pavelec is returning soon. Bobrovsky was playing out of his mind before the injury (1.40 GAA in his previous 10 games). I suppose I should have pursued a trade harder before I got into this log jam. Who draws the shortest straw between Fleury, Bob, Gibson & Hellebuyck? I’m leaning Gibson right now. I need to decide ASAP.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

With the carousel that's going on in Anaheim between Gibson/Andersen and the uncertainty of Winnpeg's net once Pavelec returns, I'd hold tight on Fleury.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd be patient with Fleury and keep him. Gibson has to deal with Andersen and who knows what Winnipeg does with Hellebuyck

Does anyone really think that Pavelec is a good replacement for Hellebuyck? The only way that happens is if they tank.

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

I'm in the same boat with Gibson and Andersen. I'm very curious to see what happens with Andersen at the trade deadline as this will directly affect Gibson. As everyone has been saying, I would be patient and see how things pan out.
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Dobber Sports Newbie

Yes, hold on to Fleury, but who should I drop to activate Bob, Gibson & Hellebuyck? As long as he’s healthy and plays well, Pavelec is going to get 40-50% of the starts when he returns, regardless of how well Hellboy is playing. Anaheim brass is going to play musical chairs with their 2 guys, a lot like they did last year. The Ducks are a team on the upswing, while the Jets seem really lost right now. The Jets divisional matchups are downright scary – Chicago, Dallas, and St.Louis top the list — while Anaheim gets to play Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Arizona. So Gibson has the better situation, in my opinion, despite Andersen’s presence. I think Hellboy draws the short straw.

I dont think it is absolutely written in stone that Pavs gets that percentage of starts. You have to be blind to not see that the crease belongs to Hellebuyck at this point. Only way Pavs gets that amount of starts when he gets back if if they send Helle down and he splits with Hutch once again. This is absolutely the wrong move, and the wrong message to send to your bonafide number 1 goalie(Helle). The Peg would be stupid to do this.

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Newbie

So I should hold on Hellboy and cut Gibson loose to activate Bob, based on the thought Hellebuyck will have less of a time share than Gibson? As long as he keeps playing the way he has been, I suppose the Jets would be idiots to give away his starts. I worry because the Jets have shown again and again how invested they are in Pavelec. A committee could cut Hellboy's value by half. But, like you said, they might as well send Helle back down and roll with Hutch again if that's the case, and that would be a mistake.

Dobber Sports Padawan

keep Fleury.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i personally would keep fleury and one of gibson or helly. id hold pat and see how things unfold the rest of the year. i think by april its gonna be more clear which route you should take. dont make any rash moves, let time do its thing and lets see how these kids perform over a longer sample size
    12 Team - 17 Players
    6 Keepers league w/Yahoo

C: Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel,
    LW: Andrei Svechnikov
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Mitchell Marner
    D:
    G: Andrei Vasilevskiy

(G) 3 (A) 2 (+/-) 0.5 (PIM) 0.5 (PPP) 1 (SHG) 1 (GWG) 2
    (Shots) 0.1 (W) 3 (GA) -1 (SV) 0.2 (SHO) 5

2013-2014 Champion
    2017-2018 Champion
    2018-2019 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

This easily comes down to Gibson vs Hellebuyck because Fleury is an easy keep in my opinion.

For me, I'd probably keep Gibson over Hellebuyck but that's just a personal preference. I don't think you will go wrong with either guy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This easily comes down to Gibson vs Hellebuyck because Fleury is an easy keep in my opinion.

For me, I'd probably keep Gibson over Hellebuyck but that's just a personal preference. I don't think you will go wrong with either guy.
    I think this is right, but I would go with Hellebuyck, as Winnipeg has some great young players, and I expect (hope) that in 2-3 years they will be a dynamite team, led by Helle.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - Eichel, Hischier,
    LW -
    RW -
    D - Hamilton,