Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Well there have been a few articles written about the possibilities of Stamkos signing with the Leafs, especially now that Phaneuf has been traded and the cap space created. This is going to obviously put pressure on Yzerman to sign him. Which he will. As for the Drouin debacle, its overblown and the kid needed a kick in the pants is all.
    I'll say it again: there has been nothing atypical in the Stamkos negotiations compared to any other franchise player who is an impending UFA.

Of course is going to be speculation on possible destinations should he head to free agency, particularly in the Toronto media, who are salivating at the possibility like a pack of mad dogs. You think that's out of the norm?

That's not adding any pressure to Yzerman signing Stamkos that wasn't already there. Such speculation (Stammer to Leafs) has been floating around out there since last season.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports All-Star

By the way, where is Drouin? Doesn't look like he's played anywhere of late.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's home, north of Montreal waiting for a new team...
    2014 Champion
    2015 Champion

18 teams league, G ; A ; Pts ; PIM ; +/- ; Wins ; %.
    22 players max/ team but only 8F 4D 2G are used each week.
    Farm or/and 2 way contract: 8F, 4D, 2G

Team
    F- S.Crosby, A.Ovechkin, J.Thornton, T.Johnson, N.Bjugstad, Radulov, Nyquist, R.Strome, Drouin
    D- Faulk, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Stralman, Gardiner, J.Morrow
    G- Rask, Talbot,

Farm
    Nichushkin, Dvorak, Poirier, N.Ritchie, D.Pouliot, Zadorov, Kuemper, M.Murray, Hackett

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by haze_tech View Post
    He's home, north of Montreal waiting for a new team...
    Thanks. Didn't know that. I guess he is still suspended then.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I saw in the ramblings today "Carle and Drouin for a 7th."

I was thinking the same thing for a while now though I think the future would be better than a 7th, or there'd be a useful roster filler coming back, or the trade would be larger than that. But that Carle deal is terrible for the Bolts right now.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Administrator

He's actually wearing a Waldo outfit and hiding in books.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post

I was thinking the same thing for a while now though I think the future would be better than a 7th, or there'd be a useful roster filler coming back, or the trade would be larger than that. But that Carle deal is terrible for the Bolts right now.
    That would be an absolute abomination for Yzerman. Passing on Seth Jones for a kid he moved 3 years later for a 7th rounder just to dump a bum contract. Yikes.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    That would be an absolute abomination for Yzerman. Passing on Seth Jones for a kid he moved 3 years later for a 7th rounder just to dump a bum contract. Yikes.
    I don't think that he will do that, especially seeing that he might lose Stamkos as well. That would make this season an unmitigated disaster (if it isn't already).

But he absolutely should not have passed on Jones, especially if they knew Drouin was not NHL-ready.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post

I dont think Steve was being serious when posted this. Yzerman would let him sit before making this type of trade. If anything, he would go back to Drouin and try and settle the waters and try and get him back before doing this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't think that he will do that, especially seeing that he might lose Stamkos as well. That would make this season an unmitigated disaster (if it isn't already).

But he absolutely should not have passed on Jones, especially if they knew Drouin was not NHL-ready.
    so easy to say that now. the thought of drouin replacing st.louis as stamkos' long term linemate was too hard to pass up at the time.
    in hindsight jones was the safer pick but a lot of things contributed to it looking like a poor decision today...couldn't mesh well with coach, ******ed agent, tampa's insane forward depth etc

and if cooper wasn't the coach in tampa, he probably would have been a top 6 forward with 1st line upside, which would have been comparable to jones as a top 4dman with 1st line upside.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He's actually wearing a Waldo outfit and hiding in books.
    ah.....got him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    so easy to say that now. the thought of drouin replacing st.louis as stamkos' long term linemate was too hard to pass up at the time.
    in hindsight jones was the safer pick but a lot of things contributed to it looking like a poor decision today...couldn't mesh well with coach, ******ed agent, tampa's insane forward depth etc

and if cooper wasn't the coach in tampa, he probably would have been a top 6 forward with 1st line upside
    , which would have been comparable to jones as a top 4dman with 1st line upside.

When discussing why Drouin hasn't worked out in TB, I hear/read this a lot. But could it be, the reason he hasn't worked out, is because he's just not as good as everyone expected him to be?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    When discussing why Drouin hasn't worked out in TB, I hear/read this a lot. But could it be, the reason he hasn't worked out, is because he's just not as good as everyone expected him to be?
    Nope, just look at his hero chart.

His goal rate is very low, but he's been very productive for the limited minutes he got.

Drouin Hero Chart
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I wonder how much of an impact an agent has on future clients when he does something like this. I know Walsh does excellent work for his players, but if you're an 18-year-old that might be a second round selection this entry draft, I wonder if there are some teams that will pass on the kid and go with someone else they rank just as high because the agent is a pain to work with.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I wonder how much of an impact an agent has on future clients when he does something like this. I know Walsh does excellent work for his players, but if you're an 18-year-old that might be a second round selection this entry draft, I wonder if there are some teams that will pass on the kid and go with someone else they rank just as high because the agent is a pain to work with.

Now Walsh is a jerk given, but he does work for the client. On this one I think he's taking bullits for his client while his client pouts.