Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Kinda wondering how a player of his age and experience is going to fit into a locker room with teammates who he has (not very subtly) implied that he's too good to play with.
    Probably not too well, but at the end of the day, he's still a part of that franchise and no one wins if he sits the rest of the year. Winning solves everything and if he goes to the AHL and helps the team win, I think he will be forgiven pretty quick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Probably not too well, but at the end of the day, he's still a part of that franchise and no one wins if he sits the rest of the year. Winning solves everything and if he goes to the AHL and helps the team win, I think he will be forgiven pretty quick.
    I wouldn't mind seeing it, because I think it would ultimately be good for him, but how many kids that age do what's good for them? (Especially ones with an agent with shlt-for-brains?)

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Ottawa's GM was in conversations with Yzerman 3x today as per murray's new's conference....couldn't make it happen.....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

We are going to keep Stamkos and make a run for the cup this year but we aren't trading our best trading chip to increase those odds.

Makes total sense!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    We are going to keep Stamkos and make a run for the cup this year but we aren't trading our best trading chip to increase those odds.

Makes total sense!
    I think newfcollins' earlier post made some sense, that clubs don't want to part with a first when it could potentially be a lottery pick. I expect Yzerman wants a choice D prospect or he wants a first round pick.

I'm kinda surprised Drouin didn't get moved either, but I suppose it's still possible some trade gets done if both sides are okay with the proceeds not being on the playoff roster.

RETIRED

Administrator

This brings a whole new meaning to "it's been a long day..."

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Since then, Drouin has been working out and skating near Montreal with his former midget team, the Lac St. Louis Lions......per TSN

anyone else thinking about Kramer in this Seinfeld episode? gotta think Drouin is keeping his skill set razor sharp with the midget team...
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I wonder if he has considered biting the bullet and reporting to his AHL team now that the deadline has come and gone. His gambit failed, nothing to be done for it now.

RETIRED