Thread: Goalie Prospects

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie Prospects

I am in a deep keeper league with large farm rosters and was looking to add to the prospect pipeline in net. Who are some goalie prospects that may be flying under the radar?

Who may be this years highly coveted undrafted prospect like Matt O'connor was last year?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Goalie Prospects

I'm assuming guys like Demko, Gillies (despite his hips), Murray.. are all taken.

Juuse Saros was the first guy that came to mind for me. He may be a little under the radar because he's behind the always-over-hyped Pekke Rinne. Despite his size, he is crazy athletic and loves to put up big numbers in big games. .918 sv% in his first AHL season thus far..

Maybe a guy like Anthony Stolarz could be a good grab? He's a monster of a man and coming along nicely in the A as well.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Administrator

What is roughly the cut-off line for the quality of goalie prospects owned in this league?

Also, what is the roster size and number of teams in this league?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Edmonton: Laurent Brossoit could be a surprise next year IMO
    2014 Champion
    2015 Champion

18 teams league, G ; A ; Pts ; PIM ; +/- ; Wins ; %.
    22 players max/ team but only 8F 4D 2G are used each week.
    Farm or/and 2 way contract: 8F, 4D, 2G

Team
    F- S.Crosby, A.Ovechkin, J.Thornton, T.Johnson, N.Bjugstad, Radulov, Nyquist, R.Strome, Drouin
    D- Faulk, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Stralman, Gardiner, J.Morrow
    G- Rask, Talbot,

Farm
    Nichushkin, Dvorak, Poirier, N.Ritchie, D.Pouliot, Zadorov, Kuemper, M.Murray, Hackett

Dobber Sports Rookie

Depending on how patient you can afford to be, here are a few;

Vitek Vanecek (WASH) - 2nd round pick from 2014. Playing in the ECHL. Just turned 20 two days ago.

Kaapo Kahkonen (MIN) - Having a very strong season as a 19 year old in the Liiga. Winning a gold medal at the WJHC may have spoiled his "under the radar" status a little bit. Although his numbers weren't spectacular.

Jamie Phillips (WIN) - 7th rounder from 2012. Put up unreal numbers at Michigan Tech last year and is having another very good season. In a tough situation though with Hellebuyck, Hutchinson, Comrie all competing for the crease.

Adam Wilcox (TBAY) - Had a great three years at the University of Minnesota. Has struggled a big to start his pro career.

Anton Forsberg (CBUS) - Probably can't be considered under the radar given that he's in the NHL right now. Turned 23 two months ago. Was one of the best goalies in the AHL last years.

Dobber Sports Expert

Zane McIntyre (BOS) - Subban gets all the hype, ignoring this kid is a mistake
    Philippe Desrosiers (DAL) - top goalie prospect in the system, a better option than Jack Campbell
    Laurent Brossoit (EDM) - again top option in the system...not sold on Talbot long term
    Even Cowley (FLA) - having a bit of a rougher go this year in Denver but has played solid through college
    Juuse Saros (NSH) - Not really under the radar but if available would be an excellent snag
    Scott Wedgewood (NJ) - Top option and playing great hockey in the AHL
    Linus Soderstrom (NYI) - Was under the radar until the WJC
    Jordan Binnington (STL) - has dominated even level he's played at
    Luke Opilka (STL) - Pretty well anyone in STL's system, Opilka is one of the top goalies in the O right now

Dobber Sports Novice

Brossoit is the real deal. Attended a few oil kings games when they were on their title run, and this guy's play was HUGE. He's one of those guys that seems to get better the bigger the challenge gets. For fantasy purposes I also like him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Look at Ilya Sorokin. Only behind Halak who will be aging out by the time Sorokin is ready to start. Greiss is there but he's a career backup. Ridiculous numbers in the KHL this year.
    Dynasty
    16 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SVS, GAA, SV%

C: C. McDavid, J. Eichel, E. Kuznetsov, V. Trocheck, J. Blandisi
    RW: T. Toffoli, N. Soshnikov, T. Wilson, T. Jurco
    LW: J. Drouin, B. Schenn, E. Kane, F. Vatrano

D: J. Faulk, D. Hamilton, S. Jones, N. Hanifin, M. Dumba, D. Severson, K. Russell, M. Borowiecki

G: F. Andersen, K. Ramo, A. Vasilevskiy, O. Pavelec

Prospects: K. Connor, S. Aho, D. Sprong, Z. Paigin, I. Sorokin

Dobber Sports Monster

Matt Murray, Jusse Saros, Ilya Sorokin <----LOOK AT HIS STATS

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Brossoit a lot. Talbot just got an extension but I could see Brossoit taking over if he does really well

Dobber Sports Stud

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ght=altshuller

Love Laurent Brossoit and I'd also keep track of the quick rise of Daniel Altshuller. Carolina's crease is anything but solid and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some games before the end of the year if he keeps up this play.

I'm also very high on Anthony Stolarz.
    As an update, Altshuller is currently with the Canes after Cam Ward's injury.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Laurent Brossoit is not on most fantasy GM's radars it seems. In terms of his development he's right in there with the rest of the EDM core: McDavid, Hall, Nurse, Draisaitl to peak in the coming years. Picked him up myself based on the fact he's a solid goalie, but more importantly could be in net for a very solid team in the future.

Also nobody has mentioned Ilya Samsonov as far as I can tell. Lots of people believe he's one of the top goalie prospects in the world right now (maybe that's why nobody mentioned him, he's too well known), but he's several years out. He's a WSH prospect.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I like Brossoit a lot. Talbot just got an extension but I could see Brossoit taking over if he does really well
    For some reason, Talbot doesn't have me convinced.. But it's hard to imagine a rookie coming in and taking Talbot's spot..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

I like Samsonov, Sorokin and Demko as fresh off the farm prospects.

Has anyone mentioned the kid in Columbus right now, Joonis Korpisalo. His career in North America started off with two straight shutouts (AHL). His numbers have been decent since being called up to fill in for Bob, and unlike the others guys we have mentioned, he is much closer to full time work in the NHL; I expect him to be the full time backup in Columbus next year once McElhinney is done. And knowing how easily Bobrovsky goes down to injury, I expect Korpisalo to be there to pick up the pieces.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

A lot of love for Samsonov here and there should be good rapport for him, but you also have to remember he's 19, was just drafted and is likely 6-7ish years away from being relevant in fantasy. A best case scenario, I would but him as another 5 years down the road. I'd be looking for prospects closer to the NHL who have A) an aging starter or B) no bonafide starter in net.