Thread: Niemi taking the job?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Niemi taking the job?

Seems like Dallas leans more on Niemi than Lehtonen. Especially as of late. Is it safe to say he owns the crease in Dallas now? I ask because I was thinking of offering a trade of my Rinne/Vanek for his Halak/Malkin as I'm in desperate need of Sv%, G's and SOG. However, Halak is down (knew there was something wrong with him). This guy also has Niemi so would you make that deal? Rinne/Vanek for Niemi/Malkin? Is he safe to deploy for ROS and what's the ratio of starts in your opinion between him and Lehtonen? Thanks in advance.
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Niemi taking the job?

I'd say when healthy, Halak will probably earn more starts than Niemi, who's probably a 60/40 guy at best for starts. But I'd offer the deal involving Niemi, just for the sake of being safe. We don't know how long Halak will be out. The other owner might accept the deal figuring Rinne will start more often than Niemi (which will probably happen), especially if they need to make up goalie starts in roto.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    I'd say when healthy, Halak will probably earn more starts than Niemi, who's probably a 60/40 guy at best for starts. But I'd offer the deal involving Niemi, just for the sake of being safe. We don't know how long Halak will be out. The other owner might accept the deal figuring Rinne will start more often than Niemi (which will probably happen), especially if they need to make up goalie starts in roto.
    That's pretty much the situation he's in. We also have a goalie minimum minutes played of 5000. So he needs to do something as his goalies are Price, Halak and Niemi. So yeah, he's hurting. Question is, how good is my net after the trade? Dogfight for W's but need the peripherals more as I sit at 2.49 GAA and .913 Sv%. BIG SHOUT OUT TO RINNE HERE!!!!
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Padawan

You could argue that you're selling low on Rinne. But at the same time, you're upgrading your forwards by bringing in Malkin for Vanek. The deal might depend on how willing the other owner is to part with Malkin. I still think this is a very good deal for you if you can pull it off.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding