Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next Gibson / Hellebuyck????

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Next Gibson / Hellebuyck????

I forgot to mention Korpisalo in Columbus. Had a great start to his AHL career with back to back shutouts. And after Bobrovsky, the cupboard is pretty bare in Columbus. Me should get a real shot in a year or two.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

Mason McDonald is a very good option, you will likely see a lot of him in the WJR, but moreso he is in a very good organization that can bring him along at the right pace to transition into the NHL.

Ullmark very good option for more immediate return.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    The Magnus Hellberg 'hype' has died down but it was not that long ago that he was considered potential starting goalie. He is a guy that just needs an opportunity.
    I liked him a lot more in Nashville than I do in New York. Hank's long term deal doesn't bode well for him unless he moves to his third organization (which normally doesn't help his stock either).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I liked him a lot more in Nashville than I do in New York. Hank's long term deal doesn't bode well for him unless he moves to his third organization (which normally doesn't help his stock either).
    The 26 year-old Raanta has the upper hand on that gig IMO
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

No love for Thatcher Demko? Just got a great prospect writeup here on Dobber.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Juuse Saros
    Matt O'Connor
    Linus Ullmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Jon Gillies, CGY.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I forgot to mention Korpisalo in Columbus. Had a great start to his AHL career with back to back shutouts. And after Bobrovsky, the cupboard is pretty bare in Columbus. He should get a real shot in a year or two.
    I like these suggestions as well as Gudlevskis in TB, but he's blocked not only by Bishop, but by Vasilevskiy, so unless something changes, he'd be at the bottom of the guys I like here.

I don't know enough about Mason McDonald, but I do plan on watching him at the WJHC to see what he's made of.

Love the avatar my friend! He is a handsome fella!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Christmas Rep's for All the Responded!

All your Advice has been much appreciated.

Signed,

Sterling Malory Archer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gillies
    Saros
    Ullmark

Those are the three that stand out to me. Gillies will lose this developmental season due to hip surgery, but hopefully respond at Stolarz (in fact, is he available for you?) has for the Phantoms. Gillies was looking good for the Heat in a very small sample size, but did not look out of place at all.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by zakkthebear View Post
    Gillies
    Saros
    Ullmark

Those are the three that stand out to me. Gillies will lose this developmental season due to hip surgery, but hopefully respond at Stolarz (in fact, is he available for you?) has for the Phantoms. Gillies was looking good for the Heat in a very small sample size, but did not look out of place at all.
    Gillies is not in the ESPN Player Universe yet.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

really with your league rules, do u really need a guy to stash? you only keep 36 and Max 4 goalies, you already have 39 players and 4 are goalies (2 studs, a 1B and a backup with upside)... what are your drops to keep this stashed hope? Personally I try not to put someone on my leagues radar if I potentially have to drop them...

As mentioned by one other, is Thatcher Demko in ESPN yet? Cause that's your next rock star... everyone else has a bit of question marks...

best of the list are Saros, Berube, Ullmark and Subban for stashing...

Enroth and Raanta are good ones for the here & now and very probably the future... But Zatkoff is pretty much similar

I don't see Wilcox, Korpisalo, Forsberg, Williams, Sorokin, Shesterkin, Stolarz, Fucale, Tomek, Jarry, Samsonov or Comrie mentioned much... but they are all worth looking at for long term
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Banks View Post
    really with your league rules, do u really need a guy to stash? you only keep 36 and Max 4 goalies, you already have 39 players and 4 are goalies (2 studs, a 1B and a backup with upside)... what are your drops to keep this stashed hope? Personally I try not to put someone on my leagues radar if I potentially have to drop them...

As mentioned by one other, is Thatcher Demko in ESPN yet? Cause that's your next rock star... everyone else has a bit of question marks...

best of the list are Saros, Berube, Ullmark and Subban for stashing...

Enroth and Raanta are good ones for the here & now and very probably the future... But Zatkoff is pretty much similar

I don't see Wilcox, Korpisalo, Forsberg, Williams, Sorokin, Shesterkin, Stolarz, Fucale, Tomek, Jarry, Samsonov or Comrie mentioned much... but they are all worth looking at for long term
    To get down to 36, I would try to deal Kunitz, Jokinen, Hertl and Pearson for something SOON as
    my roster is going to get jammed up as players start coming off IR.

Will keep checking to see when ESPN adds Demko.

Had to wait until 11:30am this morning to see if the following trade cleared.
    Pending Trade Vote was 6 Yes - 3 No - 3 Didn't Vote.

Final exchange was:

Ovechkin + Getzlaf + Pavelec + Louis Domingue, Ari G
    for
    Holtby and Scott Darling (who I picked off WW the day before)

UPDATED ROSTER:

C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Getzlaf, Strome, Wennberg, Strome, Marner, Barzal
    LW: Ovechkin, E.Kane, Landeskog, Kunitz, Pearson, Hertl, Jokinen, Drouin*, Dal Colle
    RW: P. Kane, Nyquist, Hornqvist, Fabbri, Yakupov*, Nylander, Mantha,
    D: Letang*, Giordano, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Savard*, Leddy, Krug, Reinhart, DeAngelo, Wisniewski*
    G: Frederik Andersen, Louis Domingue, MA Fleury*, O. Pavelec*

So my goalie situation has changed.

Merry Christmas and Rep'd!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You need to get Gillies into this universe already!! HaHa..

I'm also keeping my eye on Blackwood..

Goalies are SO SO tough to predict, makes me crazy inside..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Anthony Stolarz 100 times over.

I'm also pretty intrigued by former top prospect, born again Chris Gibson.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Islander situation is intriguing. They look set to be a great team for a relatively long time and Halak doesn't inspire a lot of confidence as the long term tendy. Gibson is proving himself capable in the AHL, however Sorokin has a 0.963 SV% through 16 games in the K. I imagine Snow will be looking to bring him over to North America the first chance he gets.
    15 Year Rebuild - Turd Ferguson (commish)
    21/22 Keeper League - Fringe Hockey Division (commish)
    TwoMinutesForRoughing - Sunnyvale Samsquanches
    Vulcanized Rubber Dynasty - Midwest Pipeliners
    Potbelly Hockey - Middleclass Gangsters

Laurent Brossoit and Ville Husso may be worth keeping an eye on.