Thread: Odell Beckham Jr suspended one game

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Odell Beckham Jr suspended one game

Well deserved too. What an ass.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...43735993327617

Odell Beckham Jr. has been suspended for one game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Odell Beckham Jr suspended one game

His ODB tag now fits him.
    (and I guess this is the fantasy football gods telling me the season is ov-ah.)

Dobber Sports Expert

He should have been ejected. Reffing these days in the NFL is an absolute joke

Dobber Sports Sage

What a jackass!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Expert

Rotoworld's Jesse Pantuosco made this comment on the ODB/Norman situation:

"Norman is known to be an instigator but it was surprising to see Beckham stoop to that level. Beckham’s overnight transition from fan favorite to villain has been jarring to say the least."

What NFL has this guy been watching this season? Beckham has a serious maturity problem in the NFL thinking he is bigger than the game. I've heard a lot reports indicate players are very fed up with his antics. I'm not saying Norman is an innocent princess but to think these actions from Beckham are a surprise? Think again. A pattern is beginning to emerge.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Norman and Finnegan do not exactly have a sterling reputation in this league. Finnegan provoked Andre Johnson into throwing punches a few years back and Norman Had a scuffle with Cam in training camp.

From what I have read, the duo were using homosexual slurs and other anti gay sentiments the entire game. Beckhams sexual orientation has been a topic of discussion apparently. If there is any truth to this, it explains what we saw on Sunday.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Norman and Finnegan do not exactly have a sterling reputation in this league. Finnegan provoked Andre Johnson into throwing punches a few years back and Norman Had a scuffle with Cam in training camp.

From what I have read, the duo were using homosexual slurs and other anti gay sentiments the entire game. Beckhams sexual orientation has been a topic of discussion apparently. If there is any truth to this, it explains what we saw on Sunday.

Even if this is true (which none of us really know), that still doesn't excuse what Beckham did during the game. That helmet to helmet hit was simply dirty and crossed the line for me. I get that there are battles on the field, but an intentional intent to injure is just unacceptable.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Even if this is true (which none of us really know), that still doesn't excuse what Beckham did during the game. That helmet to helmet hit was simply dirty and crossed the line for me. I get that there are battles on the field, but an intentional intent to injure is just unacceptable.
    His first punch he threw should have had him ejected...before the helmet to helmet even happened

Dobber Sports Monster

Just saw the clip. Got to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in sports in a while.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Then ODB was saying they were intimidating him with a bat during pregame. The bat is apparently a symbol for some player on the Panthers D that is hurt.

100% agree that ODB went way over the line. It would have been a very high character thing to do if he had acted out in 0 way during the game. Then went on record to the legal office about slurs.

Norman is a corner that’s good and knows how to play the game, but his biggest thing is getting in players heads. When you have to guard exceptional talent every week, you use what you can to take the edge, and Norman uses head games.

I’m not condoning if he used anti-anything slurs, but anyone who’s played any sport knows chirping is part of the game. ODB needed to let that stuff slide and show on the score board who was better.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm sure this is headline sports news in many places, but living in NYC ... man, it's getting overbearing.

Beckham's antics on the field were bad enough. But listening to his teammates after the game justifying it (he's a passionate guy and wears his heart on his sleeve...) and now having to listen to Coughlin continue to defend it pretty much on a daily basis, and immediately after saying he ISN'T defending it no less, is becoming beyond shameful (e.g., I'm not defending the conduct, but I will defend the player...; I don't condone what he did, but...; he was provoked; etc.).

Even as a non-Giants fan, I used to have a lot of respect for Coughlin. Sad to say, I think I've not lost all of it.

My personal favorite:

“It’s not fair. It’s just not,” Coughlin told reporters at the team’s practice facility in East Rutherford, N.J. “If you are naïve enough to think that way, you better do some soul searching. Beckham was wrong and we said that was wrong from Day 1, but there were factors involved, starting in pre-game. . . . .There were attempts to provoke him and he was provoked.”
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rman/77827270/

What?!? Puh-lease.

ODB is a hell of a talent and, many times, the only reason (or, with Eli, the only reasons) why the Giants win. But, soul searching? He was provoked? To act like an idiot -- and a lousy teammate -- all damn day??

Coughlin's job is in jeopardy and he knows it. He needs to win. Right now. So he let a guy who clearly lost his marbles, live on TV, keep playing despite the fact that he intentionally was trying to hurt people and . . . if that wasn't bad enough . . . was costing his team dearly in the process with STUPID penalties and zero concentration on the task at hand for much of the afternoon.

Yes, he caught the tying TD late or whatever it was. But in many ways, the Giants were in that game DESPITE Beckham, NOT because of him. Hearing Coughlin just continue to grandstand about how Beckham was the victim so to speak is near sickening. Not saying this will continue to be an issue with Beckham, but it's little wonder why some athletes never get, never grow up, and find themselves in serious trouble either during or after their playing days are done. Is it so damn hard to hold people accountable these days?

OK, sorry. Rant done.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/679793316934856704

Odell Beckham Jr. loses appeal, still suspended one game http://ow.ly/WhyrU

Dobber Sports Genius

Not surprised he lost the appeal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    I'm sure this is headline sports news in many places, but living in NYC ... man, it's getting overbearing.

Beckham's antics on the field were bad enough. But listening to his teammates after the game justifying it (he's a passionate guy and wears his heart on his sleeve...) and now having to listen to Coughlin continue to defend it pretty much on a daily basis, and immediately after saying he ISN'T defending it no less, is becoming beyond shameful (e.g., I'm not defending the conduct, but I will defend the player...; I don't condone what he did, but...; he was provoked; etc.).

Even as a non-Giants fan, I used to have a lot of respect for Coughlin. Sad to say, I think I've not lost all of it.

My personal favorite:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rman/77827270/

What?!? Puh-lease.

ODB is a hell of a talent and, many times, the only reason (or, with Eli, the only reasons) why the Giants win. But, soul searching? He was provoked? To act like an idiot -- and a lousy teammate -- all damn day??

Coughlin's job is in jeopardy and he knows it. He needs to win. Right now. So he let a guy who clearly lost his marbles, live on TV, keep playing despite the fact that he intentionally was trying to hurt people and . . . if that wasn't bad enough . . . was costing his team dearly in the process with STUPID penalties and zero concentration on the task at hand for much of the afternoon.

Yes, he caught the tying TD late or whatever it was. But in many ways, the Giants were in that game DESPITE Beckham, NOT because of him. Hearing Coughlin just continue to grandstand about how Beckham was the victim so to speak is near sickening. Not saying this will continue to be an issue with Beckham, but it's little wonder why some athletes never get, never grow up, and find themselves in serious trouble either during or after their playing days are done. Is it so damn hard to hold people accountable these days?

OK, sorry. Rant done.
    Haha, great post!

I couldn't believe he didn't get kicked out of the game for the helmet to helmet hit, that was vicious and had the potential to seriously injure a player. Provoked? Come on, that's weak. On appeal, they should have given him two games for having the audacity of appealing that suspension.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket