Thread: holtby

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default holtby

First I want to make it clear I'm not at all really shopping him but gauging value. As a caps fan I tend to wear my red glasses when fielding offers for them. Recently I was asked if I'd take ryan Johansen and MAF for holtby and quickly declined. They then pushed vasilevski to prospect sp? Onto the table.

I don't see myself moving holtby but thought I'd ask what would it take? What would I have to take if offered up?
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: holtby

Absolutely no way I'd trade him. He's a fatastic goalie on a very good team with an even better coach. And it doesn't look like the Caps will be anything but great for the years to come.
    10 Team ROTO League (ESPN), 6 Keepers + 2 Kid-Keepers (82 NHL-games and less played), 4 C, 4 RW, 4 LW, 6 D, 2 G, 5 UTIL, Game-Limits: Forwards 984, Defensemen 492, Goalies: 164
    CATS: G, A, PPP, PIM, +/-, HIT, SOG, BLK; W, SO, GAA, SV%
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Stud

I wear red glasses too, but dang, he's one of the 3 elite goalies playing on possibly the best team in the NHL. It would take a HUGE package to make me give him up. Like, OV, Benn and Quick. Then I might listen.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Personally, I would be listening very carefully to this trade offer. MAF is no slouch, and this may be a perfect time to buy low on Johansen; he is a star and he won't continue to get healthy scratched for long. With that talent level, it's play or trade to a team that will play him. I am not saying that you should take this offer, but you can probably mould it into a deal you like. Actually, with the way the Pens have been bottom 5 in the NHL in scoring, this is probably a good buy low on MAF too. Keep working this angle and don't sleep on pulling the trigger if you can get multiple parts that help your team. Holtby may be an absolute stud, but right now he is totally otherwordly and this would be the best time to sell since he is likely 'slightly' overvalued. It's going to be tough to do what Holtby is doing now, year in and year out. Just think how happy you are that you didn't sell your house to get Carey Price this year.
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom