Thread: Drop Elliott for M.Murray? REP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Drop Elliott for M.Murray? REP

Hey guys, am i crazy to doing this?

I'm playing a 20 team h2h full keeper league. Maybe i'm a bit biased with Murray, followed his last 2 year and i think he will replace Fleury in 2-3 year in Pittsburgh as a no1. + Elliott relegated to backup role. If i'm not doing this know, there is a chance somebody else will claim him. I own Allen, Anderson and Hellebuyck besides Elliott. We have a 4 goalie limit, so can't fit both Elliott and Murray on the roster.

What's your take on this?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Drop Elliott for M.Murray? REP

Personally... I'd keep Elliot. I'm not so sure the way is clear for Murray in the next 3 years. Also not convinced Allen has locked down then#1 role in St Lou.

You have Hellebuyck. He's your future. This move hurts you in the immediate more than I think it helps you with a 3 year focus.

Dobber Sports Master

I agree with havanablast that Murray's road to the NHL probably isn't as clear as you think, and that Allen has shown some chinks in the armour for him to be considered a true #1 just yet. Hold the line on Elliott.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports All-Star

I agree with Bottlenecker and Havanablast. Holding on to Elliot would be the statistically better move. It always feels great to make that great risky pick that pays off, but I don't think the odds are good enough on this one.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

I also agree that Murray isn't worth much for a couple more years.

If you want to snag him and wait it out, why drop Elliott? Why not reach out to the Allen owner and see if he is willing to deal you a good pick for him to secure the handcuff.

If that doesn't work, then I'd also sit on Elliott.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

As per Axeman - I think Elliott is too intriguing for an outright drop. I also can't see Murray being even on a level with what Elliott is confributing for at least 3 years and as we saw with other goalies even that isn't guaranteed

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'll play a bit of devil's advocate here. While I think dropping Elliot would be folly (I'm not a believer in Allen), I also think Murray is worth snagging. He is a very talented goalie and will see starts in the NHL next year as MAF's understudy. By then he'll be a known commodity and likely coveted the same way that Gibson and Vasilevsky are right now.
    I know guys always talk about how long you have to sit on a guy before he's worth something, but you only have to sit on him long enough for someone else to overpay for him. I think that for trade value - next year Murray > Elliott.
    H2H 12-team Full Keeper - G, A, +/-, PIM, Hits, PPP, SHP, GWG, Shootout Goals, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    24 roster, 6 Farm (<25gp - adjusted only in the offseason)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Gotta go along with SockPuppet here. The net is Allens. Maybe Elliot has some value in the event that he's traded but Murray has had an excellent minor league career (so far) and looks like a technically sound goalie. The Penguins d is a concern but if you're looking for starts short term and with an eye on a keeper, I'd take Murray.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd keep Elliot. It would be hard for Murray to surpass Fleury and there is still a chance Allen falters and Elliot begins to start again