Thread: Round 2 RB Situation

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Round 2 RB Situation

So my lineup is basically set outside of RB. With the flex, I can start three of these guys...full PPR

Hightower v DET
    Charcandrick West @ BAL
    Woodhead v MIA
    Bryce Brown v. CLE
    Bolden v. TEN
    Ware @ BAL

I was leaning Hightower, West and Woodhead before landing both Brown and Bolden on waivers. Both have great match ups. Brown is supposedly to get the bulk with Harris being released. NE's backfield is tough to predict, but should have plenty of room to run against the Titans.

Currently leaning Hightower, West and Brown, with Bolden in the mix. Woodhead has been terrible lately, even in PPR.

Default Re: Round 2 RB Situation

With no clear stud, go w/receiving backs for ppr formats. You want anyone catching a ball on the field. So I would roll w/ West (Ware is hurt, isn't he?), Hightower (volume), and Woodhead. I've stayed clear of Woodhead myslef but as a flex this week vs a MIA team that's giving up 6+ catches to RBs/game he may pop enough for you.

Everyone is clamoring over Bryce Brown, but SEA just re-acquired Christine Michael too. If Brown fumbles - which he does - you could see a lot of Michael.

Bolden has an outside shot at 80 yds, but I like White better in this game for fantasy.

Ware is dinged and a more north/south runner so I'd go West over the two.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd go with Hightower, West and Bolden. Brown could make me eat my words, but I've been burned too many times ... while I love the raw talent and the matchup, I just don't trust him.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Expert

1) Ware very unlikely to play, that makes West an easy choice for your first RB.
    2) Woodhead...SD is abysmal atm but he's a pass-catching option against a brutal defense
    3) Hightower...has the volume and no threat from Spiller

Any last minute thoughts here with things becoming clearer? I currently have Hightower, West and Bolden in my lineup. Can't seem to pull the trigger on Woodhead with how he's played lately.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WeissAsNice View Post
    Any last minute thoughts here with things becoming clearer? I currently have Hightower, West and Bolden in my lineup. Can't seem to pull the trigger on Woodhead with how he's played lately.
    Hope that Bolden/Woodhead blunder didn't cost you...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Hope that Bolden/Woodhead blunder didn't cost you...
    It did. Lost by the margin of these two, only because of the last second dump off to Hightower bringing me within 28 points. My standard luck though.

Anyone want to help me win third place? Which three RBs this week? Golden, I'll probably take whatever you tell me this week lol.

Woodhead @ OAK
    C. West v. CLE
    Hightower v. JAX
    C. Michael v. STL
    Artis-Payne @ ATL
    Gillislee v. DAL

PPR. Leaning first three.

Dobber Sports Expert

Haha that advice last week was whip cream on dog shit...if I had Woodhead it never would have happened so be more happy I don't own Danny

1) I'd lean Woodhead tonight with Gordon done due to the injury. In a PPR, I just think this is a no-brainer.
    2) Artis-Payne...doesn't look like Stewart will play this week, CAP is the workhorse and ATL is much worse on the ground than through the air
    Now the tough one...
    3) Michael....I like West in PPR but his fantasy stats go in the toilet when Ware is around, he just needs more volume than what he'll get...If Ware is a no go, I bump West ahead of Michael.

I'm not impressed with Hightower and while game script won't be an issue like last week, I look more at his 85 yards in his 'blowout week' requiring 28 carries to do so...too much praise for mediocre production

Best of luck!