Thread: Matt O'Connor

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Matt O'Connor

It looks like he is having a tough time adjusting to professional hockey. He is still looking for his first win as a pro. His current AHL stat line is

0 Wins
    8 Losses
    2 OT Losses
    4.30 GAA
    .859 SV%
    10 Games played
    544 Minutes

His numbers are a little better in his one NHL game as he only gave up 3 goals on 34 shots against in 58 minutes for a .912 SV% and a GAA of 3.10.

Is this a good time to acquire him or is it a time to cut bait if he's on your prospect list?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Matt O'Connor

Goalies can be hard to predict at the best of times. I would keep him if you had room for him (especially in deep leagues) but if there are better prospects available I would get them. He does have the tools to become an NHL goaltender and has great size. So time will tell.

The Great One

Ah goalie prospects - the bane of every fantasy team! Personally I avoid them like the plague until they are starting to play in the NHL (Hutchinson, Gibson, Darling etc). Yes it could mean you overpaying at the time but so many take so long to get there id rather invest in young forwards or d to give me the assets to acquire those goalies when they arrive rather than sit and hope

personally if pass unless you can get him cheap and afford to wait

Dobber Sports Deity

If you have the ability to stash him in a minors system, why would you cut bait on his 8 games into his professional career? Thats just silly.

Have a little patience.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree with Axeman. 8 Games to make a decision on a goalie prospect, bad move. Goalies take years to develop.
    10 Team 25 Player Keeper League (5 Keeper)
    Forward/Defence - G/A= 1 PIM= .2
    Goalies - W= 2 SO= 5

F: Steven Stamkos, Nicklas Backstrom, Dylan Larkin, Ryan O'Reilly, Lee Stepniak, Mathieu Perreault, Milan Lucic, Kyle Palmieri, Antoine Roussel, Sam Bennett, Jason Zucker, Anthony Duclair, Anders Lee, Drew Stafford, Victor Rask, Antoine Vermette, Boone Jenner,

D: Ryan Suter, Keith Yandle, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Niskanen

G: Mark-Andre Fluery, Connor Hellebuyck, Semyon Varlamov, Frederik Andersen

IR:

Keepers: Stamkos, Backstrom, Fluery, Andersen, Varlamov

Banned

He's shown me enough to say he will be an NHL goalie. The ahl is a rough league with less structure and I don't really look at the stats. Look at hammond last year. The stats are bad but his team had been truly terrible. So you could buy him incredibly low even after the season is over most likely.