Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NHL All-Star Fan Vote

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: NHL All-Star Fan Vote

This is the end of fan voting. Fans/people are stupid anyway and influenced big time by media's opinions far too often. What's the point of voting for John Scott to play against All-Stars in a 3 on 3 no hit affair? He'll know that he's the butt of all the jokes, he can't keep up with ANY of the players, so he won't even play much - it won't be an "honour" for him to go (if he does go). It's like voting for the dweeb to be homecoming king - just a joke so all the cool kids can make fun of him. People suck.

Also, if the NHL wants to see more goals, figure out a way to clone Cam Ward. That is all.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    This is the end of fan voting.
    I hope you're right.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

If fans wanted to do it right we would come to a consensus and vote for 4 goons or 4 undeserving players to the game. Well that's what I'm doing but Toots is about 150th place or so. Going to support him 100% though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Someone posted a pretty good idea to Dregers twitter feed today, it was something along the lines of

the league nominate x number of players to go to the game, then the fans vote between those players. sounds like a pretty good idea to me, and still leaves for some fan interaction

Dobber Sports Wizard

I pretty much come down on The Comish's side of this, but the biggest flaw with the way the NHL is going about this is allowing fans to vote 10 times a day. That just encourages this nonsense. How about 1 vote, period. Or one per day. Once a week.

Vote 10 times a day sounds like a Chicago mayoral election not an All-Star vote.

Administrator

If people actually cared about the ASG the voting results would be much different. People watch because it's the only hockey on that weekend but I don't get a sense that anyone is emotionally invested.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I didn't mind it last year when girgensons was actually playing well but I think voting John Scott is taking it a little too far
    Does anyone on this planet really care about the All Star game ?

Zemgus had THIS

All due respect to fans, it’s just something that you have to deserve,” Girgensons said Thursday in First Niagara Center. “How it went last year, I don’t want to repeat that. It’s a lot of pressure on me and something that’s not earned right now.

“It was mixed emotions, different emotions,” he said. “It’s not something I got too much satisfaction out of and something I don’t want to repeat this year.”
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Does anyone on this planet really care about the All Star game ?
    I think the skills competition is the only thing worth watching. If John Scott played in the 3 on 3 I would watch just to see how he did. It's suppose to be an event that is fun and for the fans and ultimately means NOTHING so why not put in a guy people want to see play.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I think the skills competition is the only thing worth watching. If John Scott played in the 3 on 3 I would watch just to see how he did. It's suppose to be an event that is fun and for the fans and ultimately means NOTHING so why not put in a guy people want to see play.
    I understand that it's fun for you to watch the skills competition, but let me change my question: Would anyone really miss the All-Star Game?

I never understood why it has to be during the season, it just annoys me.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    I understand that it's fun for you to watch the skills competition, but let me change my question: Would anyone really miss the All-Star Game?

I never understood why it has to be during the season, it just annoys me.
    No I find it pointless. I remember as a kid I was always excited for it and watching Pavel Bure and rooting for him.....but the older I got I found it boring and didn't bother following it. What I do like the NHL doing is the outdoor games on New Years, glad they keep doing that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    This is the end of fan voting. Fans/people are stupid anyway and influenced big time by media's opinions far too often. What's the point of voting for John Scott to play against All-Stars in a 3 on 3 no hit affair? He'll know that he's the butt of all the jokes, he can't keep up with ANY of the players, so he won't even play much - it won't be an "honour" for him to go (if he does go).
    In the end, it all worked out. It was a huge honor and keeping up with the pace of the game was no problem.

Dobber Sports Ninja

If they want to make the All Star game relevant, they need to put something real at stake... like with MLB and home-field advantage in the world series.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    If they want to make the All Star game relevant, they need to put something real at stake... like with MLB and home-field advantage in the world series.
    God no. Because in baseball, the players still don't care and treat it as a joke. But with a real consequence. It's awful.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar