Thread: Dynasty Goalie help. REP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Dynasty Goalie help. REP

18 team Dynasty my team is an shambles to put it nicely. Goaltending is an absolute problem. (Talbot Kinkade Reimer Stalock).

I have the chance to acquire 1 of Neimi or Hiller. The cost being a package around Boedker for Hiller or Boedker and Talbot for Neimi.

As a rebuilding team should I wait it out and see what else pops up or is that value good for either option. To be honest I pretty much want nothing to do with Hiller the way things are playing out in CGY.
    Yahoo keeper (10) 10 TEAMS Standard Scoring
    G(5) A(3) Pims(.25) Shots(.1) Blocks(.1) GWG(3) SHG(3) PPG(1) +-(1) W(10) L(-5) GA(-1) Saves(.2) SO(10)
    3 C 3 RW 3 LW 6 D 2 G 5 Bench 2 IR 1 IR+

C: Thornton Datsyuk (LW) Eakin Nylander (RW)
    LW: Gaudraue Pacioretty Galchenyuk (LW) Burakovsky
    RW: Stone Williams Kucherov Jagr
    D: Subban Muzzin E. Ekman-Larsson Vatanen Paryako J. Schultz
    G: Elliot Luongo F.Anderson C.Johnson
    IR: Schneider Seguin (C)

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Dynasty Goalie help. REP

If your core is mostly young players then I would wait it out, and see what other options arise. If you need goaltending now with a chance to win, then break the bank and acquire Niemi who, for the foreseeable, will get Wins by virtue of the fact he plays for Dallas.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

I think Reimer is a decent own for a rebuilding team like yours. Niemi is really the only option here if you are actually trying to improve your goaltending. I would probably do Boedker and Talbot for him, doesnt feel like you are getting ripped off. Boedker will be worthless again soon after the nimbus fades from his hatty and Talbot is the backup goalie of the Edmonton Oilers so we dont need to reflect too long on the state of his career.

Dobber Sports Monster

Reimer is good. Should be good for a few years yet. I would wait it out and something like a trade with prospects might pop up. Good Luck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Was just asked if I would do Varlamov for Boedker and Stalock? Think I have to say yes. Is Varly going to turn this around?
    Yahoo keeper (10) 10 TEAMS Standard Scoring
    G(5) A(3) Pims(.25) Shots(.1) Blocks(.1) GWG(3) SHG(3) PPG(1) +-(1) W(10) L(-5) GA(-1) Saves(.2) SO(10)
    3 C 3 RW 3 LW 6 D 2 G 5 Bench 2 IR 1 IR+

C: Thornton Datsyuk (LW) Eakin Nylander (RW)
    LW: Gaudraue Pacioretty Galchenyuk (LW) Burakovsky
    RW: Stone Williams Kucherov Jagr
    D: Subban Muzzin E. Ekman-Larsson Vatanen Paryako J. Schultz
    G: Elliot Luongo F.Anderson C.Johnson
    IR: Schneider Seguin (C)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dape02 View Post
    Was just asked if I would do Varlamov for Boedker and Stalock? Think I have to say yes. Is Varly going to turn this around?
    I see a lot of people have lost faith in Varlamov but I think he can turn it around. The avs started out slow but Varly has shown he can put up the good numbers and is still young. I would do Boedker, Stalock for Varlamov.