Thread: Stone vs Landy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Stone vs Landy

For team in sig.

My LW's past Hall have been horrible (while I cling to a top 5 spot). That said, my RW is full of underachievers I have to believe will return to fantasy significance soon (Kucherov) or have already started (Perry). Draisaitl and Jenner have been good to help me float while I wait.

Thinking about moving some of my RW depth to try and bring in a LW of near equal value.

Offer I'm considering sending.
    My Stone
    for
    His Landy?

Stone was my 1st pick in this year's draft and I expected He'd take the place of Kept and recently traded Vrbata. So I'd be looking to Landy to challenge guys like Draisaitl and Jenner for my final Keeper Spot.

Dobber ranks Stone considerably higher than Landy but Landy seems to have the Name and the Draft Pedigree

Does adding my Parayko 140 fan points
    for
    his Dougie Hamilton 38 fan points

add value to my offer or is it irrelevant? Neither will be keepers and right now Parayko is being challenged by Ristolainen as my 5th D for this season. Ristolainen/Hamilton a decent lateral shift from Ristolainen/Parayko?

Thoughts?

Stone (and Paryako) vs Landy (Hamilton)?
    Last edited by havanablast21; December 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM. Reason: Trying to clarify the message that may have been a little jumbled.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Stone vs Landy

Nothing? (Bump)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think the reason why you aren't getting many responses is because it's a tough one to read.

The first question is who do you prefer between Landeskog and Stone. To me this is amazingly close. IMO they both have 70 point upside, if not a little more. +/- wise, it's pretty hit or miss. They've both shown the ability to go +20 in a season. PIM wise Landeskog wins out pretty easily. PPP I see them as being relatively close.

So back to your question, I feel like Landeskog probably gets the slight edge here just because of PIM....he'll probably get at least 60 more PIM than Stone in a season which equates to 10 extra goals and/or assists in your league.

Now the question becomes is Parayko for Hamilton enough of a sweetener to get the deal done or are you giving up too much. I haven't been following the league too well prior to this season so I can't offer much with respect to Parayko. I know Hamilton has been struggling out of the gate for Calgary. Since neither becomes a keeper for you the long-term implications are minimal but your team looks like it's ready to win now. If you're making this deal you're really banking on the fact that Parayko and Hamilton are both going to regress HARD. Are there any d-men that you could replace Hamilton with that would be at least a slight upgrade off the wire?

I do think going for the Stone- Landeskog swap is a good idea, if nothing for the mere benefit of evening out your roster. Hudler and Pouliot as your 3-4 LW is pretty crappy compared to having Stone and Jenner as your 3-4 RW.

My two cents.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm a big Landeskog fan and while I like Stone too, I think it's a great idea to move some of that depth on RW. Landeskog would probably replace Palat as your keeper too.

I agree Landy has that name value, so I wouldn't mind adding Parayko. I like that deal for you!
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks guys. Yeah, I let my swirling mind control my fingers. (maybe I should adjust that initial message). But excellent feedback Bondon and Tomastop! Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah I would do Stone for Landy. Start with that, straight-up. I dont think Hamilton offers anything to your end, so I would avoid going in that direction. Parayko's value is tied to top 4 status in STL, and he currently is not. But I would not want to be the guy who traded him away when someone goes down and he is back in there. Keeping it simple is usually the best policy, so stay focused on the fact you are trying to upgrade the wing spot but not neccesarily downgrade your D.