Thread: NHL E-Mails

Dobber Sports Monster

Default NHL E-Mails

What do you guys think of all this?

http://www.tsn.ca/former-players-ctv...mails-1.402067

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: NHL E-Mails

While I don't think fans have a "right" to view those emails, I think we already have a pretty good idea what they're about. The NHL didn't (and still doesn't) give a f*ck about the players. Hell, their own union doesn't give a f*ck about player safety. The NHL is going to lose a lot of money here - they knew that concussions were absolutely a result of playing this fine game, but damn, the crowds really love it when the game gets rough...check out every clip when there are fights going on...it's like Gladiator out there.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: NHL E-Mails

I hope we get to see all those e-mails. Be some good reading material to go with my morning coffee.

What I don't like about all this is when the media and news outlets start talking about taking fighting out of the game. Yes it is the only sport that allows you to fight (outside combat sports of course) but you are on skates and other players have to be accountable somehow. Can't just have some knucklehead running around playing chippy/dirty and know that nobody can do anything about it other than maybe try and line him up for a hit. I'd just make fighters keep their helmets on and if not then no fight. No need to see a guy hit his bare head on the ice.