Thread: Big shakeup trade (for both sides)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Big shakeup trade (for both sides)

(for team #1)

I'm sending: giroux, malkin, yak (trying to switch out for schenn)
    I'm getting: stamkos, galch, kuz/forsberg

so this trade is still in talks but wanted to get some feedback before I shell out two of my core players. essentially I want to come up with a take it or leave it deal. other manager he's estabalished interest in my three guys (and schenn on the side - but more of a throw in). I said if I'm doing that, Stamkos has to be in it. pretty much he said he won't object to losing stamkos, galch or forsberg - so everything is on the table but the ball is in my court to make a counter proposal including Stamkos. The general sense I'm getting from him is that he's willing to part with some of his younger players to fill in the gaps (says he's really in need of RW).

I guess where do the scales tip in the above proposal? I'm also interested in Monahan, Krieder, Carlson and Faulk. I just want to make sure I'm not low-balling or being taken for a ride. With Malkin's value up right now, I definitely want to cash in before he stubs his toe or something.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Big shakeup trade (for both sides)

Leave Yak in, and use that as a chip to make Kuznetsov stay in from his end. I like that deal by far the best.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't like the fact that you're sending two elite studs but getting just one back.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Monster

I like the Kuznetsov side better but man that is a huge trade. If it were my team I would need to think it over a pot of coffee. Good Luck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't like the fact that you're sending two elite studs but getting just one back.
    This. Not much else needs to be said.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't like this trade for you.

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    This, exactly. You need way more of a return than what he's currently offering.
    Guys like Giroux & Malkin should only be moved if the other side is willing to overpay. Why even consider moving these guys?
    Also, if you can't be talked away from the ledge on a trade, maybe swing for the fences on a goaltender? That seems to be your biggest need.
    12 Team Keep 7 H2H
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, SOG, W,L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Stamkos, Thornton, T. Johnson, Monahan, Hanzal
    RW: Seguin, Voracek, Neal, Little, Abdelkader
    LW: Benn, Lucic, Huberdeau, E. Staal, JVR
    D: Burns, Faulk, Carlson, Phaneuf, Dumba
    G: Bishop, Quick, Anderson

Believe me, I'm super hesitant aboout moving Giroux and Malkin at the same time. I've been trying to move Malkin for awhile since I'm tired of his injury issues. Giroux is having an off year so his value may not be the highest right now. His best goaltenders are Lundy and Varly. Lundqvist has to be involved if I'm dealing both guys but I don't like the age factor so I inquired about other players. If I can walk away with Stamkos, Lundy +, I'll be happy. My team hasn't sniffed top 4 in a long time, so I need to make a move.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by epik87 View Post
    Believe me, I'm super hesitant aboout moving Giroux and Malkin at the same time. I've been trying to move Malkin for awhile since I'm tired of his injury issues. Giroux is having an off year so his value may not be the highest right now. His best goaltenders are Lundy and Varly. Lundqvist has to be involved if I'm dealing both guys but I don't like the age factor so I inquired about other players. If I can walk away with Stamkos, Lundy +, I'll be happy. My team hasn't sniffed top 4 in a long time, so I need to make a move.
    If you get Lundqvist, it's a different story. But don't trade Malkin because you feel like you need to trade him (Malkin does have something like 14 points in his last seven games). And if Giroux's value isn't high, then it might be better to hold off on him as well.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid