Thread: Keep 5 league deal: Centerpieces Rinne for Backstrom

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Keep 5 league deal: Centerpieces Rinne for Backstrom

The keep 5 team in my sig. Several managers relentlessly persuing Rinne from my team. only 1 making reasonable offers.

My goal this year has been to acquire reliable keepers for next year(Had some awful names to start the year on the team I inherited) Thank god I had #1 overall to grab McDavid because the best non goalie player on my team to start the year was Carter. I had to make some multi player (non-Keeper)deals to acquire Burns

Today, he offered me my choice of Backstrom + Gibson or Hellebuyck for Rinne and Vatanen.

I conversationally countered with Rinne and Vatanen for his Backstrom, Andersen AND Hellebuyck and he is thinking about it. He loves Rinne as much as I do in this format, and he knew I would charge the moon for him.

Reasoning. I intend to finish last and draft 1st next year again. I do not want to worry about going into next year with no goalie. I figure if Andersen and the ducks can sort their mess out, Andersen is a reliable #1. If not, the chance of Hellboy taking over in Winnipeg is there as he is a great prospect.

Thoughts?

Right now, Rinne, McDavid and Burns are my only definite keepers. Obviously I am hoping Larkin and Draisaitl keep it up, along with Bennett/Ehlers developping. I have a lot of youth to choose from if one breaks out well.

But my decision would be easier if I had Backstrom. A keep 5 of Backstrom, McDavid, Burns, Andersen/Hellboy and whichever rookie stands out most(If not, Keep Steen or Foligno who I got on waivers)
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

Default Re: Keep 5 league deal: Centerpieces Rinne for Backstrom

I must be missing something. A 12 team, keep 5 and you are talking about the possibility of keeping Hellebuyck? He might not even be in the NHL next year...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I must be missing something. A 12 team, keep 5 and you are talking about the possibility of keeping Hellebuyck? He might not even be in the NHL next year...
    Basically, if I am giving up my only #1 goalie, I need a bit of insurance. Andersen and the ducks have been putrid. Mind you, I expect them to turn it around.

If not, I have a lot of faith that Hellboy is going to grab that #1 starter job and never look back. He was amazing for Team USA playing against the best NHL players available for each country. 7-1-0, 1.37 GAA and a 94.8%sv

And he plays for a Horrid AHL team in which all decently good players over the age of 20 are already called up to the big club. 2-7-1 and he STILL has a good 2.41GAA and 92.7%sv getting peppered every night with no help from the team.

So let's call it insurance lol. I need to be able to keep one of Hellboy/Andersen next year with the loss of Rinne.

Backstrom for Rinne are the real centerpieces of the deal. Vatanen has no chance of staying in a keep 5, so I am trying to trade a #1 goalie for a #1 Center and another #1 goalie.

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess my question is, would you do Rinne for backstrom while banking on one of those two to be your #1 next year?

McDavid C