Thread: Made a trade that's bad for me this year, but good for the future.. I think?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Made a trade that's bad for me this year, but good for the future.. I think?

I traded Yandle and Nyquist for Josi and Mojo. Points only format.

I really like Josi, and I think he rounds out my keepers next year nicely.

It WAS a steep price, but I wouldn't keep Nyquist over Kessel as my RW keeper.

I'm in a clear rebuild, and I think I snagged a top 5 points only Dman going forward.

Did I do okay, or was this an outright mistake?

Edit: Wanted to add, that I started from scratch this year. So it's definitely a 'rebuild' year.

Edit2: Mojo is Marcus Johansen in WSH. I'm on mobile and my sig didn't post here, so I added my team below.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Made a trade that's bad for me this year, but good for the future.. I think?

Who is MoJo?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Made a trade that's bad for me this year, but good for the future.. I think?

Sounds fine to me. Yandle is terrible now in NY so he's no big loss. Josi is the best player in the deal and he is going your way so it will probably work out.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by speersy View Post
    I traded Yandle and Nyquist for Josi and Mojo. Points only format.

I really like Josi, and I think he rounds out my keepers next year nicely.

It WAS a steep price, but I wouldn't keep Nyquist over Kessel as my RW keeper.

I'm in a clear rebuild, and I think I snagged a top 5 points only Dman going forward.

Did I do okay, or was this an outright mistake?

1. Who is Mojo? Obviously nobody good.

2. If I were you I would try and flip Josi for a forward. Your forwards are hurting and with Karlsson I wouldn't waste another keeper slot on a dman.

3. Honestly I don't really lovee the deal since I think you should be targeting guys like Nyquist and keeping 1 D, but at the end of the day that's just my opinion and Josi is obviously a stud so good work if this is aligned with your strategy moving forward.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

16 Team. Keeper H2H. Est. 2003 - I joined as an expansion in 2015 with NO keepers. Started in Draft with last pick. (Not serpentine)

Skater: (G) (A)
    Goalie: (W) (OTL) (SHO)

Keep 1C/1LW/1RW/2D/1G
    Dress 4C/3L/3R/2W/6D/2G/5B

C: Eichel/Rakell/Gagner/Namestiknov

LW: Schwartz/Comeau/Winnik/Raffl

RW: Kessel/Mojo/Bennet/Nieto

D: Josi/Karlsson/Bogosian/Gelinas/JBO/Seidenberg

G: Rask/Hutchinson

B: Hiller/Nilsson/Hammond/Roussel/Marchessault

That's my line up, and you have to keep via position. 1 LW, 1 C, 1 RW, 2 D, 1 G
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Sounds fine to me. Yandle is terrible now in NY so he's no big loss. Josi is the best player in the deal and he is going your way so it will probably work out.
    Scoring at a 40-point rate is terrible? Definitely a drop from his Arizona peak but that's some hyperbole.

You are probably right that Josi is the best player.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

In that case, you have actually developed an excellent set of keepers in a 16 team league.

You basically upgraded from Yandle to Josi in that deal because like you said, you wouldn't be keeping Nyquist over Kessel.

My next goal would be to work on upgrading my LW. You're other positions are looking great.

PS: Include this info in your original post so everyone has the full information and can give you accurate advice. It makes a major difference.

PSS: Who IS Mojo?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

"Marcus Johansson is nicknamed "Mackan" and "MoJo" by fans and comes from a hockey family"

Dobber Sports Titan

C: A great young player
    LW: Not a keeper, but still a good LW.
    RW: He should be doing better than he is.
    D: Great 2 guys. Prolly the best combo in your league
    G: he’s better than he’s been playing.

Great trade. In a rebuild you only have to worry about your keepers. Send out all your depth, it doesn’t really matter. Another point to do is start picking up guys like Nylander, Marner, Strome, Provorov, Vasi, Dal Colle, or Fiala. Might break out out of nowhere in pre-season next yr and may be a better keeper than Schwartz or any of your other guys. Or you could trade Kessel (RW) for an upgrade in net then turn and keep Strome (C,RW). Just some thoughts for when it’s closer to seasons end.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    C: A great young player
    LW: Not a keeper, but still a good LW.
    RW: He should be doing better than he is.
    D: Great 2 guys. Prolly the best combo in your league
    G: he’s better than he’s been playing.

Great trade. In a rebuild you only have to worry about your keepers. Send out all your depth, it doesn’t really matter. Another point to do is start picking up guys like Nylander, Marner, Strome, Provorov, Vasi, Dal Colle, or Fiala. Might break out out of nowhere in pre-season next yr and may be a better keeper than Schwartz or any of your other guys. Or you could trade Kessel (RW) for an upgrade in net then turn and keep Strome (C,RW). Just some thoughts for when it’s closer to seasons end.
    There aren't many upgrades over Rask, and Schwartz scored at a .85 ppg clip last season. He has good chem with Senko, I think he's a top 16 LW. I'll wait on Schwartz band see how he does after he comes back. However I'm running out of assets to upgrade with.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)