Thread: Quantico

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Quantico

Anyone else watch this show? It's my favourite show of the new season.

SPOILER BELOW:

Anyone have guesses on who the bomber is? My guess is Ryan. They have everyone as a suspect except for him. So I think they are going to go for a big swerve.

Also, he was shot in the first episode. Everyone on the show thought Alex, but bit by bit they all became an ally of Alex. At some point though, shouldn't someone say: "By the way Ryan, who actually shot you?" I don't think they ever answered this.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Quantico

I watch it. I stopped reading your post as soon as I saw SPOILER BELOW though as I have the last two episodes still sitting on my PVR.

It's a decent show. The lead actress is hot as hell and keeps me watching.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watch it. I stopped reading your post as soon as I saw SPOILER BELOW though as I have the last two episodes still sitting on my PVR.

It's a decent show. The lead actress is hot as hell and keeps me watching.
    Dude...Priyanka Chopra... I'm right there with you. I'm decently intrigued by the plot but she just makes it a must watch for me.

I must say though, I feel like this show falls into this seemingly new age of tv shows where the show starts with a compelling story, but has a limited shelf life because its entire premise is based off of one overarching storyline (i.e. finding out who framed Alex). It's not like your older model of crime drama show like Criminal Minds or Law and Order where you establish a cast and have them go through different stories every week, with a major focus on character development and each character eventually facing their "big bad" antagonist. Like really, what direction could they possibly take with Quantico beyond one season (because if you don't find out who framed her by the end of season 1 I'm done...I hate shows that just drag crap out too long). Not to mention I feel like this show is also falling into the trap of weaving too many twists and turns to the point where the resulting "reveal" is just going to be disappointing as all hell.

IGNORE REST OF MY POST BECAUSE OF SPOILERINOS

I thought last night's episode was ok. I personally find the whole her helping Liam out to be really dumb - this dude literally planted a cadet to follow her and eventually tried to torpedo her chances of getting into the FBI - I don't care what daddy issues you have there's no way anybody in their right mind would want to help a guy after that. To me this strikes me as one of those dumb unnecessary subplots that don't really offer much to the show - but will reserve all judgement until we see exactly what happens there.

Interesting theory that Ryan is the one who framed her. I could see it happening, though I would find it pretty farfetched. I just wonder what possible reason they could have for him doing that. I can't remember, was Ryan part of the op that Liam and Alex's dad blew? Or was it a separate incident that Liam threw Ryan under the bus about? If it was the same op, I could see that angle.

They did ask him who shot him though, he claimed it was "too dark to see" and that he didn't get a look.

They seem really intent on making you believe that Simon is the bomber. More likely than not it isn't the case, but I could see that as a possibility. He did help Alex avoid capture earlier in teh season but it could all be a front to keep the FBI distracted so they wouldn't find the second bomb.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Dude...Priyanka Chopra... I'm right there with you. I'm decently intrigued by the plot but she just makes it a must watch for me.

I must say though, I feel like this show falls into this seemingly new age of tv shows where the show starts with a compelling story, but has a limited shelf life because its entire premise is based off of one overarching storyline (i.e. finding out who framed Alex). It's not like your older model of crime drama show like Criminal Minds or Law and Order where you establish a cast and have them go through different stories every week, with a major focus on character development and each character eventually facing their "big bad" antagonist. Like really, what direction could they possibly take with Quantico beyond one season (because if you don't find out who framed her by the end of season 1 I'm done...I hate shows that just drag crap out too long). Not to mention I feel like this show is also falling into the trap of weaving too many twists and turns to the point where the resulting "reveal" is just going to be disappointing as all hell.
    Sounds like you weren't a fan of seasons 2 to 4 of Prison Break.

Quantico could work for the second season, but it would just have to shift gears a little bit. Instead of them helping Alex, it turns into a 24-type of show where they have to stop something from blowing up.

MORE SPOILERS

Didn't want to show Bondon's spoiler quotes in the reply. I agree with the Liam thing. I still don't get how he went from "We must get Alex dead or alive" to "We need to work with Alex to find the second bomb" in one episode. There's been no proof of a second bomb from anyone, so why would Liam believe Alex? Because Ryan was tortured for a little bit?

I think this show will be a lot like the first season of 24. Every time they showed a scene that makes you believe someone was a double agent, it was a trick. The first Scream movie was like that as well. Every time the producers left an obvious clue on to who the killer might be, that person died next. I think Quantico is constantly doing that. Each week it's a different suspect, and that person always helps Alex in the end. So who is the least likely suspect? Ryan, followed by the rich guy whose name I forget now and the girl with the daughter whose name I also forget.

I do like the fact that the producers do remember little details. Like when the lawyer showed up yesterday and saw the twins and said something like "I feel like some things happened since I left Quantico."

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is anyone watching Season 2? I just finished season 1 on Netflix and am impatiently going to have to wait for Season 2....

- - - Updated - - -

To make it sports related....

- - - Updated - - -

To make it sports related....

Dobber Sports Expert

I really hated the end of Season 1.
    I would have prefered that they chose Ryan instead of Liam as the bad guy. To me, it made no sense that Liam spends so much time training Alex to then just frame her. He could have found a much easier path to this, while they could have done some kind of sub-plot that Ryan's life was ruined because of Alex's father somehow and that he was secretly holding a grudge.

I'm gonna start season 2 soon, because Alex is just eye-candy
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I really hated the end of Season 1.
    I would have prefered that they chose Ryan instead of Liam as the bad guy. To me, it made no sense that Liam spends so much time training Alex to then just frame her. He could have found a much easier path to this, while they could have done some kind of sub-plot that Ryan's life was ruined because of Alex's father somehow and that he was secretly holding a grudge.

I'm gonna start season 2 soon, because Alex is just eye-candy
    Did you find it online somewhere? Its not on Netflix yet... or did you PVR it?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Did you find it online somewhere? Its not on Netflix yet... or did you PVR it?
    coucher-tuner.ag
    streamlord.com
    or
    torrents
    twitter: @hugotwigg