Thread: Huberdeau vs Lee

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Huberdeau vs Lee

Yahoo, H2H, full dynasty, cap league. G, A, PTS, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG

a) Who do you think is better to win with this year? While it is a fully dynasty, new contracts next season could very well mean that I am unable to keep either of these guys beyond this year.

b) Who has a better long term upside? I think it's Huberdeau, an ES1/PP1 guy who isn't losing those minutes anytime soon, and can grow up along side Barkov. Right?

I've been offered HIS Huberdeau of MY Lee + Stempniak. In a cap league, Stempniak has been money so far this year, but he's definitely been playing over his head, and he is essentially a McDavid replacement for me. I won't need him two months from now, and, by then, Huberdeau could be a near point per game player, Stempniak could be down to a half a point per game player, and Lee could still be puttering along, going nowhere fast.

I want to make this trade, but I want to win this year, too. Immediate Stempniak replacements are PIM category guys, none of whom I currently really have (e.g., McLeod), or a guy like Grigorenko. The drop off might not be too bad to get the best current/long term player, if that is who you all agree Huberdeau is.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Huberdeau vs Lee

Lee this year. Huberdeau next year going forward. Huberdeau is due to break out I believe.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Huberdeau vs Lee

IŽd shoot for name value here. Get Huberdeau as he is at least slightly better than lee and sell the moment he hits a hot streak. Huberdeau has been crap the whole season and shows zero signs of a turn arround. He now is bouncing between line one and two back and forth.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.