Thread: Who are my keepers?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who are my keepers?

So a bit of context, I am in a 15 team all keeper salary cap league and currently I am one of the best teams. Recently though there is some suggestion from other GM's to move the league from an all keeper to keep 5 players and the rest go back into the draft as a way of making it more easier for other teams to compete as the best 3 years its been myself and 2 other teams that always seem to be in the top spots. I'm not upset by this desire to go keep 5 instead as it'll keep the other teams interested and put more emphasis on drafting skills rather then who can rip off uneducated GM's, which we have a few of. We also get to keep our bench players.

So with that said I wanted to ask the community out of my team roster in the sig who would you protect?

I've already thought my main three are Tavares, Benn, and pacoiretty, but the last two spots I have in consideration for are B. Bishop, V. Hedman, M. Duchene, and T. Tatar (I think he is going to be a superstar in Detroit). Which players would you guys go with? Also the way scoring is done is listed in my sig as well.

Thanks!
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Who are my keepers?

Top 5 Keepers for next season:

Jamie Benn - Arguably the best player in the game. No brainer really
    John Tavares - Top 5 player in the league
    Matt Duchene - You can swap him out for Patches or Kopi but I'm really high on Duchene and he has turned his season around in a huge way. Plus he has better line-mates than the latter
    Victor Hedman - Your best defencman and looks to be a big point producer for many years to come
    Andrei Vasilevsky - Going to be TB starter next season since Bishop won't likely return and consider Vasil better than Bishop.

The Great One

How many players start or count, and specifically goalies.

A goalie with 40 wins and 5 shut outs = that is 95 points. Virtually no forwards are going to touch that.

It's really hard to give advice without knowing EXACTLY how your pool works. If all of your goalies can count, then there could be an argument to keeping two goalies.

Players on our bench are kept along with the 5 active keepers. They can only be on the bench if they are still on there entry level contract which vasey has. For goalies we are only allowed to start two. If we bring up anyone from the bench they become active players and would therefore have to in my keep 5 if i want avoid losing them in the draft. And yes goalies are very valuable if they can get 35-40 wins with shutouts though they are quickly turning into 7-9 million dollar goalies

And active roster is 12 forwards, 6 defense and 2 goalies.

Dobber Sports Monster

In that case I would probably go

Jamie Benn
    John Tavares
    Victor Hedman
    Andrei Vasilevsky
    Ben Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    In that case I would probably go

Jamie Benn
    John Tavares
    Victor Hedman
    Andrei Vasilevsky
    Ben Bishop
    Thanks for the input, but as mentioned Vasilevsky is on my bench since he is still on his entry level deal and all bench players will be kept along with the 5 keepers. But thanks again!
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Deity

In a limited keeper, there is no way I am keeping Vasilevskiy. He's a backup goalie for god sakes. Sure he has starter potential but he's still a couple years from that happening at best.

Taveres
    Benn
    Wheeler
    Pacioretty
    Bishop.

I might consider dropping Wheeler for Hedman but I rarely keep Dmen in limited keepers so that is who I like for your five.

edit - just read your OP that states your bench guys are keepers.

My list doesnt change.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

JT, Benn, Patches, Duchene, Hedman.

If You can bring your bench along you're laughing. Vasil will start next year as Bishop will go to TO or Calgary.
    2015 Vindaloo Cup Winner

Centre: Tavares, Seguin, Getzlaf
    LW: Kreider, Burakovsky (RW), Ehlers (RW)
    RW: Tarasenko, Silfverberg
    D: Klingberg, Subban, Karlsson
    G: Quick, Domingue

Bn Reinhart

20 Team Auction Draft, Keep 4, 6 forwards, 3 defense, 1 utility, 3 bench.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts, +-.5pts, GAA -.3pts, Goalie wins 5pts, SO 3pts bonus.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a limited keeper, there is no way I am keeping Vasilevskiy. He's a backup goalie for god sakes. Sure he has starter potential but he's still a couple years from that happening at best.

Taveres
    Benn
    Wheeler
    Pacioretty
    Bishop.
    I agree with this with one caveat - Bobrovsky will be in the conversation by the end of the season, especially if it appears if Vasilevskiy is set to take over as the starter (I don't see it happening next year though, but it could).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket