Boeser
    Rantanen
    Nylander
    Werenski
    OEL
    Holtby

The Great One

Default Re: Voracek

I think we are in the 'not his year' but 'won't trade him as won't get his value' area and will be a 'waste' of a spot for a year before hopefully rebounding next year

Dobber Sports Deity

I think we are still at the same place this week as we were last week. Showing patience.

Is it frustrating? Damn right, but as Sulla says, you aren't going to drop him and you won't get actual value for him so you might as well sit back and suck it up.

If you want to shop him, go for it. I doubt you will get an offer that would knock your socks off.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

8 points in his last 8 games (including 3 multi-point efforts). Philly has scored 15 goals over that span, so Jake has been in on half of them. Still lots of PP time.
    That's my attempt at putting the most positive spin on it that I can find.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I dont know the stats behind it and I'm honestly too lazy to look it up but I would pin Philly's powerplay as one of the most dangerous powerplays in the league right now since the addition of Gostisbehere. Having that threat of a shot of that calibre really opens up the powerplay a bit. As mentioned already Voracek has been scoring at a point/game pace over the last little while so things are looking up.

Edit: lol i looked it up and Philly has one of the worst PP %s in the league...mind you that's counting the whole season. I wonder where their PP% stacks up since Ghost's addition as mentioned.

Dobber Sports Ace

The PP% has improved definitely since Ghost arrived, but IMO it is really Giroux who has orchestrated the process. He has been working with Ghost, encouraging Voracek and facilitating much better puck movement. The coach also deserves credit since he has Schenn in the high slot, Simmonds at the net and the triangle or Giroux, Ghost and Voracek around that. Lots of options.

Voracek had a career year last season, significantly above any of his previous norms. A correction should have been expected, but he is still a good player. Until he gets back with Giroux 5 on 5, the recovery will be slower.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I just cannot believe he has only one goal in two months. I was expecting some regression. But, man, there is regression and regression. This is just insane!
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Wizard

1 goal on 73 shots.....that's impressive. He's not a big goal scorer, he's only been significantly over 10% shooting once in his career (the lockout he shot 17%) and has been under 10% most seasons. I don't see him getting much more than 15 goals this season, but the assists are there.....I can still see a 15-45 season out of him no problem. Big dropoff from last year, but that should have been expected.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Star

He'll get his points, he's too good not to. The way I see it he'll be near point per game from whenever he gets going and he actually does have 8 points in his last 8 games. Admittedly this playing on the fourth line is pretty silly but it'll be a matter of time till he returns to G, he makes 8m per after all.

With 58 points over the final 58 he'd have 71. 50/58 would be 63. I expect he'll finish somewhere between 63 and 71.