Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Justin Schultz - finally time to give up?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Justin Schultz - finally time to give up?

I'm ready to cut the guy loose and let him be some other optimistic owner's problem. Brian Elliott is on the waiver wire and clears at midnight, and I'm hoping to snag him.

Roster/settings in sig (team 1).

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Justin Schultz - finally time to give up?

Be free. Schultz has never produced as hired to do. Klefbom has emerged.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yeah, but, McDavid!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've watched every Oilers game since Shultz has come into the league. He's a Brutal Bust, with two capital B's. Cut bait and grab Klefbom if he's available.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

The Great One

You start 4D and have 4D - so if you cut Schultz you will be playing short? And Elliot will be your 4th option in goal in a start 2?

While Schultz is close to useless, is Elliot that much better? I suppose you can hope for an injury to Allen (b/c I don't see the wheels falling off there)...

Dobber Sports Deity

*Give up?

He's just returned from the IR and you are going to give up now? If you kept him the whole time he was injured why cut him now that he's returned?

You might as well keep him now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

I still have some faith in him. If I was offered Schultz I wouldn't pay a premium but in my league anyway I would pick him if he became available.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    You start 4D and have 4D - so if you cut Schultz you will be playing short? And Elliot will be your 4th option in goal in a start 2?

While Schultz is close to useless, is Elliot that much better? I suppose you can hope for an injury to Allen (b/c I don't see the wheels falling off there)...
    I plan to trade away Craig Anderson and keep 3 goalies. I want a more bonafide defenseman than the waiver garbage out there currently, and I think Elliott's value will return to a 1B that puts up great percentages as a third keeper.

With what, 1 assist in 8 games on a team that had a healthy McDavid, and a -5, I'm better off with a blank spot on the blueline.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    I plan to trade away Craig Anderson and keep 3 goalies. I want a more bonafide defenseman than the waiver garbage out there currently, and I think Elliott's value will return to a 1B that puts up great percentages as a third keeper.

With what, 1 assist in 8 games on a team that had a healthy McDavid, and a -5, I'm better off with a blank spot on the blueline.
    If you think Elliot will return to 1B, then yes, that's a great move.

I personally don't think Elliot will do that. Swapping Anderson for Elliot will be a very significant downgrade, IMO.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Depends on the league. If he continues to be an nhl regular i think he'll get his pp chances but i wouldn't pay much to get him as the risk is high.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yes EXACTLY! Klefbom is the blue liner to own in Edm. Be free as Glatt says.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

While we're on the topic of EDM defensemen...how has Nurse looked to this point?

Checking out Frozen Pool, he's played 20+ minutes each of the last 5 games and seems to be shooting the puck as well. Playing with Sekara indicates he's on the top pairing too. Does he look out of place there? How's his offensive game look?
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Wrist_Shot View Post
    While we're on the topic of EDM defensemen...how has Nurse looked to this point?

Checking out Frozen Pool, he's played 20+ minutes each of the last 5 games and seems to be shooting the puck as well. Playing with Sekara indicates he's on the top pairing too. Does he look out of place there? How's his offensive game look?
    He shows flashes of brilliance. He's a keeper. I think he will be a 40-50 pt guy one day.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    He shows flashes of brilliance. He's a keeper. I think he will be a 40-50 pt guy one day.
    I would tend to agree. I mean, he's not really standing out amongst his team mates consistently, but no one really is these days in Edmonton. But this appears to be Klefbom and Nurse's team for the future. May change a bit if they finally get their heads out of there asses and try to move some of this young talent for established Vet's, but I fine Nurse and Klefbom to be the best D on the ice most nights.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I find it interesting that between him and Gardiner (both former Anaheim prospects that were really highly touted for their offensive skillset) that neither of them have really made themselves out to be key cogs in their respective teams' offense.