Thread: Trade offer my Desharnais for Varlamov.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Trade offer my Desharnais for Varlamov.

For league in my signature. The Varlamov owner in my league has a ton of goalies and is looking to get rid of one so he sent me a proposal involving Varlamov. I countered with my Desharnais for Varly. Am I not giving up enough? Who could I trade for Varlamov?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Trade offer my Desharnais for Varlamov.

Who are his goalies for him to just want to give Varly away?? Not sure why he would ever accept Desharnais for a goalie??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

He has Elliot, Mrazek, Holtby, Condon, and Varlamov

Dobber Sports Sage

I wouldnt want to give up anyone who is in my regular rotation for Varly. But if the price is right and you are comfortable with the level of risk attached to that particular asset, then have fun with it.

Honestly, the goalie upgrade I would be looking to do is to get a better top-end keeper to fit your format.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I wouldnt want to give up anyone who is in my regular rotation for Varly. But if the price is right and you are comfortable with the level of risk attached to that particular asset, then have fun with it.

Honestly, the goalie upgrade I would be looking to do is to get a better top-end keeper to fit your format.
    Ya, it would definitely be best to grab a Price or Rinne but they are pretty much untouchable because of our format. Each team keeps one goalie and the stats weigh goaltending more so most teams won't trade their top goalie. I've already talked to the Holtby, Rinne, and Lundqvist owners and they won't trade them

Dobber Sports Sage

As a 3rd G that you can spot start in favorable matchups when healthy, Varly is worth a shot if all you are giving up is Desharnais.

The Great One

How many players start at each position? It really doesn't seem like you need a goalie; especially mediocre one..

Dobber Sports Genius

We start 4 centers, 8 wings, 6 defenseman, and 2 goalies but having starting goalies are important. Goalie stats are more important in this league and having 3 starters is a big advantage. Talbot's been garbage and Ramo I just grabbed off waivers for the time being so I'd like to trade for Varlamov if I can get him cheap. Worse case scenario, I get him and trade Luongo to a team desperate for goaltending. Who would suggest giving up for Varlamov? He might not accept Desharnais for him