Thread: He accepted my offer of Rinne+Zucarello+1st,2nd and 3rd draft picks for his Alexander Ovechkin!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default He accepted my offer of Rinne+Zucarello+1st,2nd and 3rd draft picks for his Alexander Ovechkin!

Team and League in my Signature. I made this offer and it was accepted (it is pending review) and I want to hear what you folks think? Using Fantasy Hockey geek Ovechkin is by far the best player in our league every year and I am a little worried about Rinne degrading from a top 3 to top 10 goalie this year. I am also the 2nd best team in my league this season and I desperately want to win it this year over the incumbent 2 year champion who is sitting in first in our league. Did I overpay or do you think this was a smart move?
    12 teams, Keep 14 players with a 2 goalie limit, Fantrax H2H, start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 2 G with 7 bench and 1 IR.
    Categories: G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, and Blocks.
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV%, and Shutouts.
    Center: T. Johnson, D. Krejci
    Left Wing: M. Pacioretty, A. Ovechkin, J. Huberdeau, N. Ehlers
    Right Wing: D. Backes
    Defense: E. Karlsson, P.K. Subban, D. Byfuglien, C. Parayko, D. Hamilton
    Goalies: C. Crawford, A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: He accepted my offer of Rinne+Zucarello+1st,2nd and 3rd draft picks for his Alexander Ovechkin!

I admire the brevity of your thread's title.

As long as your remaining goalies stay healthy and produce, it should be a noticeable improvement in your skater stats.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: He accepted my offer of Rinne+Zucarello+1st,2nd and 3rd draft picks for his Alexander Ovechkin!

I like it for you. While Rinne is a top goalie and Zuccarello is becoming a solid fantasy piece, I don't think he'll be able to maintain this kind of production. And the picks you gave up shouldn't be that valuable because of how many keepers you have

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I admire the brevity of your thread's title.
    Haha, I admire sarcasm!

I think it was not cheap to acquire the best roto fantasy player in the game, but I think it was a good move. We are just past the quarter mark of the season, so plenty of time to benefit from Ovechkin's numbers. I think you'll miss Rinne a little, but with Crawford and Anderson, you should be fine.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd be very excited to have made this move
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

The Great One

Steep price, but I'm not sure you could have gotten Ovie much cheaper. Stepan had his ribs busted last night on a cheap/late hit, I hope that doesn't set you back too much. I think T Johnson was hurt last night too?

I think your goalies should hold up fine. But I think you might need some reinforcements at C if you are gonna knock the king off his perch?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like it. I think you sold high on Zuccarello and you may or may not be right about Rinne, but a solid piece like that would have to be included in order to land Ovy. The lost draft picks will hurt you, but if you win, who cares! You will enjoy being an Ovy owner -- I acquired him in the off-season and haven`t looked back!

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Pro

Huge deal, but I do think a fair deal on either side. He gets an elite #1 goalie, solid winger, and 3 depth pieces for next year for one player, albeit the best player in the deal. Although Im not sure how many years Ovi has left as elite, since you are in win now mode its a good safe gamble to push with your depth in goal already. Nice deal!
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

I like it for both sides....Nice deal..
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I traded Nash, O'Reilly, Halak and my 1st for Ovechkin and his last and I had the same reasoning in mind that he is by far the number 1 player according to our stats. So for me and I bet for you as well totally worth acquiring the best player possible! Especially if you're thinking of making a coup d'état for the championship.

14 team H2H Roto Keep 3 (2 F's, 1 D/G) 6 F, 4 D, 2 G, 4 Bench
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, PIM, HITS, SOG, W, GA, SV, SO

F: Giroux, Ovechkin, Ladd, Panarin, Dubinsky, Hayes, Koivu, Komarov, Stempniak
    D:Weber, Klingberg, Franson, Gostisbehere
    G: Niemi, Lehtonen, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

I like it, you went all in this season and there's nothing wrong with that. Getting AO while basically losing Rinne and Zuc is a big win, plus it will be better with whatever you get from the wire. The picks will make next season a bit rough I'm sure (unless those are prospect picks, in which case even better!) but deal with tomorrow's problems tomorrow right?
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ