Thread: Kucherov or Statsny?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Kucherov or Statsny?

I have Kucherov, but Statsny is in the waivers. I wonder if I should do the switch?
    8 team league
    G, A, PTS, PPP, HIT, BLK, DEF
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Kucherov or Statsny?

Not a chance. You'll hate yourself afterward.

Dobber Sports Padawan

No way!
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Not a chance. You'll hate yourself afterward.
    A lot of people are very high on Kucherov while he now has 13 points in 24 games. For a guy that his best season is 64 points, where comes all the hype? I don't see how he could have been a superstar in junior because he was drafted 58th.

By the way, Statsny has three seasons of 1 point per game.

The only reason I picked up Kucherov in the waivers, when he was dropped a week ago, was because of the comments on these forums. I wonder if the hype is founded?

Thanks!
    8 team league
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sacdechips View Post
    A lot of people are very high on Kucherov while he now has 13 points in 24 games. For a guy that his best season is 64 points, where comes all the hype? I don't see how he could have been a superstar in junior because he was drafted 58th.

The only reason I picked up Kucherov in the waivers, when he was dropped a week ago, was because of the comments on these forums. I wonder if the hype is founded?

Thanks!
    Besides 2006/7 When he score 70+ in 66 games...what other 2 seasons did he log PPG numbers?

I get Kuch not appearing as valuable at the moment in your league if 7 teams...but to drop him for the oft injured and "what have you done for me lately" Stastny would be insanity IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Besides 2006/7 When he score 70+ in 66 games...what other 2 seasons did he log PPG numbers?
    I counted when Statsny did 78 points in 82 games and when he did 79 points in 81 games. It was close enough to call it PPG numbers...
    8 team league
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks!
    Russian factor. He was a superstar in junior after he was drafted. Check his stats.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ok, well, that's not quite PPG but I won't split hairs. What has he done over the past 4 seasons (other than spend some time on the IR?)

You seem convinced to drop him. I'd simply advise against it. But if you're decided... Have atter. I'll wait for another thread popping up entitled "Kucherov dropped... Yoink and thank you".

I will keep Kucherov. I'm on these forums for advice and I sometimes listen to them. I'm still high on Statsny for this year though, playing on the 1st line with Tarasenko. I will check if I can drop someone else for him (Hanzal or Neal..). Thanks.
    8 team league
    W, GAA, SV%

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Russian factor. He was a superstar in junior after he was drafted. Check his stats.
    Actually, I just checked his stats. Nothing very impressive... If we compare junior stats, I'm picking up Drouin in the waivers instead of Kucherov! Am I missing something?!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123889
    8 team league
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Almost a goal per game in his rookie/only year in the Q and again almost a goal per game in the A before getting called up to the show for good. I'm impressed.

Dobber Sports Monster

I wouldn't even consider it. Kuch is a keeper

Dobber Sports Wizard

Actually, I just checked his stats. Nothing very impressive... If we compare junior stats, I'm picking up Drouin in the waivers instead of Kucherov! Am I missing something?!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123889
    You need to look at a players full body of work. Kucherov dominated the Russian MHL (their version of major junior for lack of a better description). He dominated the Quebec league. He didn't stay long in the AHL but put up great numbers while he was there. He set the record for most points in the U18 tournament with something like 24 points in 7 games. He impressed as a rookie in the NHL, and followed that up with a 65 point season. In a year where the league leader only had 87.

Its great that Stastny has three PPG or close seasons, but they were what.... 8 years ago? When we had like 10 players scoring 100+ points every year. Since then he's only broken 60 once or maybe twice.

Kucherov is still young and unproven, and there's always the chance he takes a step back. But if either of these two were gonna crack 70 points in the next few years, my money is on Kucherov.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't do it. Keep Kucherov