Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jays sign JA Happ to 3 yr deal

The Great One

Default Re: Jays sign JA Happ to 3 yr deal

Not a bad depth signing...expensive, but that's what even average starting pitching costs, especially for a lefty.

Now, they are still one ace pitcher away from being a Championship contending team. They aren't getting an ace in free agency, so all that remains is the trade market. Any suggestions/ideas? What pitchers may be available and what can the Jays offer?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

@Axeman
    The typical thought with the fans/crowd base (or at least what my friends and I thought) with the TBJ was for a while make a team that will score runs and screw the runs given up because fans like high scoring games. I hope they don’t turn to that thinking and ignore an obvious issue. But I feel like this is them making sure they have a decent rotation just in case they don’t get another pitcher. They’re just securing the rotation up.

If this was their plan to have the rotation as what it is now and not trying to get a pitcher, I don’t like this. But Happ is a solid pitcher; 10-13mill for a back 1/3rd of a rotation is pretty average for a FA. But if this is it, then boo Rogers.

I hope they get an upgrade in the 1slot, or the 2 slot (with Stroman as the 1slot).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Not a bad depth signing...expensive, but that's what even average starting pitching costs, especially for a lefty.

Now, they are still one ace pitcher away from being a Championship contending team. They aren't getting an ace in free agency, so all that remains is the trade market. Any suggestions/ideas? What pitchers may be available and what can the Jays offer?
    Salazar, Casccarraco or whatever, and one other pitcher have been linked in trade talks. My guess for available to be traded is:
    -Smoak/Colly. Then replace 1B cheaply
    -One of Revere, Pillar, Pompey, Saunders.
    -If you trade a 1B, you can move Bautista to 1B starter, and have an OF of Revere-Pillar-Pompey.
    -As sad as I am, maybe Tulo. If a young team wants a 2B or SS, Devon Travis may be part of a good package to get a pitcher.

Bautista has played 1B before for the Jays, when Edwin was hurt and I think at the same time Bautista was hurt. Maybe a leg injury.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll