Thread: With Freeman out, is Coleman a good start vs MIN?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default With Freeman out, is Coleman a good start vs MIN?

Coleman is getting the start for the Vikings this week and I'm wondering what to expect. He's on my bench but I'm torn over whether to start him over Latavius Murray @TEN this week in my .5ppr league.

He'll likely see heavy volume (as long as they don't fall very far behind), but he only put up 48 yards on 17 carries when he came in vs the Colts last week.

Murray's workload has been inconsistent and I need all the points I can get to dig out of the hole Carolina's defense already put me in.

FWIW I'm already starting Miller @NYJ, and also have Hillman and Sims on my bench.

Any input is much appreciated!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Default Re: With Freeman out, is Coleman a good start vs MIN?

I think you have to go Coleman just due to volume, but I don't like the match-up. Sims would be my next option, as a safer yet lower ceiling play. In a full point PPR format Sims has dipped below 8 pts just three times and one of those was 7.6.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the input. I think I've convinced myself to roll with Coleman after looking at some advanced stats. I found that Minnesota yields the most YPC to rushes to the left and right ends, which is predominantly where the Falcons run Coleman.

In .5ppr it is tough for me to start a guy that is all but guaranteed to see 1 or 2 targets at the most, but I do feel that Coleman is guaranteed the most carries. Sims is riskier IMO because he might not be needed if Martin runs all over Indy's weak rushing defense, and I could use the high-upside play...although I might already be pushing my luck by starting McCown over Dalton.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I think I've convinced myself to roll with Coleman after looking at some advanced stats. I found that Minnesota yields the most YPC to rushes to the left and right ends, which is predominantly where the Falcons run Coleman.

In .5ppr it is tough for me to start a guy that is all but guaranteed to see 1 or 2 targets at the most, but I do feel that Coleman is guaranteed the most carries. Sims is riskier IMO because he might not be needed if Martin runs all over Indy's weak rushing defense, and I could use the high-upside play...although I might already be pushing my luck by starting McCown over Dalton.
    Well you did your homework so go forth. Also, I was going to add that you should also consider your remaining roster and their level of production, and whether it warranted the safer play w/Sims or the more boom/bust production from Coleman.

Good luck.
    @SmittysRant