Thread: Yahoo IR/trade question

The Wolverine

Default Yahoo IR/trade question

Hey all,

Can't find it on the Yahoo help so perhaps you guys have an answer.

I have a guy sitting on my IR but he's no longer IR-eligible. I know I can keep him there as long as I don't make any adds/drops. Does that affect trades due to be processed? I have a trade that has been accepted (1 for 1) and is due to be processed on Sunday. If I left my player in the IR slot, will the trade still go through? Or because he's now no longer IR eligible, will it be cancelled? I'm debating making a drop to activate him just in case but wonder if that's required.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Yahoo IR/trade question

I know what you mean, interesting... I'm not sure. Is the player you're getting back on IR? If not, you'll probably be required to drop someone anyway to add him. So maybe make a drop before Sunday, just to be sure...

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    I know what you mean, interesting... I'm not sure. Is the player you're getting back on IR? If not, you'll probably be required to drop someone anyway to add him. So maybe make a drop before Sunday, just to be sure...
    No they're both healthy players. Well, the one I'm receiving just became DTD (I think minutes before he accepted, but that's another issue) so not sure if the option to move to IR+ would come up. Probably not worth the risk. I do have a guy to drop but was thinking of waiting if it wasn't forced.

Or leave it and if it gets cancelled, see if the other manager says something about the injury/acceptance. I guess there are two issues at play.

Dobber Sports Pro

If you'll leave it, let us know what happened.

(I thought about it a couple of weeks ago, when I offered 2 for 1, where one of the players was on IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In my first trade this year the other guy added DeKeyser to the mix because he had came from injury and he had to drop him. I'm pretty sure he was already eleigible when the trade was processed and it was alright. I'm not 100% sure he got him off the IR spot but I don't think so.

Administrator

I believe the system will block the trade.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I believe the system will block the trade.
    I also think the trade will be cancel.

But like tomastop said:
    Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    If you'll leave it, let us know what happened.

The Great One

I think it will get blocked too. But it's yahoo, so anything can happened. Instead of blocking it, then just might add C-LW-RW-D-G eligibility and call it a wash.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm almost positive it'll cancel the trade if you don't correct your lineup.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Administrator

I believe the policy is you can keep your roster illegal but any transaction (other than drops which are obviously meant to make your roster legal) is blocked until your roster becomes legal. Although I'm thinking of personal examples from a few years back. Things can change. Yahoo is weird so it's always nice to see people's experiences posted here.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Wolverine

Thanks for your responses. That makes the most sense, so will drop someone beforehand. I don't want the hassle in taking the risk by leaving it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think that if you have a trade already accepted and is in pending status(waiting for league vote etc) that the trade will go thru. In my experience you can not even offer/accept trades that make your roster illegal. I could be wrong...so keep us posted.
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    I think that if you have a trade already accepted and is in pending status(waiting for league vote etc) that the trade will go thru. In my experience you can not even offer/accept trades that make your roster illegal. I could be wrong...so keep us posted.
    Thanks. I didn't want to take the chance so I made the drop and activated my IR player.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Hey all,

Can't find it on the Yahoo help so perhaps you guys have an answer.

I have a guy sitting on my IR but he's no longer IR-eligible. I know I can keep him there as long as I don't make any adds/drops. Does that affect trades due to be processed? I have a trade that has been accepted (1 for 1) and is due to be processed on Sunday. If I left my player in the IR slot, will the trade still go through? Or because he's now no longer IR eligible, will it be cancelled? I'm debating making a drop to activate him just in case but wonder if that's required.

Thanks.
    Just went through this similar situation and I did not activate my player from IR, so I just thought I would let everyone know my experience.

I accepted a trade where I was giving up 3 players and getting 1 back in return. I had two players on my IR and while the trade was pending one of my players came off IR. I didn't want to drop anyone so I let it be and the trade went through no problem. Hope that helps!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Just went through a similar situation, so I thought I would let everyone know my experience.

I accepted a trade where I was giving up 3 players and getting 1 back in return. I had two players on my IR and while the trade was pending league vote one of my players came off IR. I didn't want to drop anyone, so I just let my active player sit on the IR and it went through no problem. Hope this helps.