Thread: Andersen in Anaheim

Dobber Sports Star

Default Andersen in Anaheim

Looking for a view. Is he the guy?

Anaheim has turned over a lot of goalies in the past while in Hiller, Fasth, etc. Feels like the view from Dobbs and probably Laidlaw is Andersen is the guy until he's not, but the prospect-lusty among us favour Gibson. I can't shake that Gibson feels a bit like Jon Bernier circa 2007/08 to Andersen's Quick.

Andersen, and Anaheim in general, has been pretty disappointing this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Andersen in Anaheim

Its still Andersens crease in Anaheim for the foreseeable future and his play would have to take an astounding nose dive for that to change anytime soon. His results have been very inconsistent lately but not enough to change course at this point.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think that Andersen is a safe bet to be the de factor starter for this year but it gets a lot more interesting this offseason as Andersen will be an RFA looking for a new contract (along with both Vatanen and Lindholm who will looking for substantial raises). With Gibson starting his 3 year 2.3M contract next year he will definitely at least be the back-up and, if Andersen's contract demands are too high, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get moved and Anaheim run with Gibson and Khudobin (or some other veteran back-up).
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I think that Andersen is a safe bet to be the de factor starter for this year but it gets a lot more interesting this offseason as Andersen will be an RFA looking for a new contract (along with both Vatanen and Lindholm who will looking for substantial raises). With Gibson starting his 3 year 2.3M contract next year he will definitely at least be the back-up and, if Andersen's contract demands are too high, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get moved and Anaheim run with Gibson and Khudobin (or some other veteran back-up).
    This is 100% my view. Barring a longterm injury, or Gibson showing up here and going bonkers, it's Andersen's for this season. From there....who knows?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    . I can't shake that Gibson feels a bit like Jon Bernier circa 2007/08 to Andersen's Quick.
    I have the same hunch. Goalies are voodoo, and I have such a hard time gambling on goalie prospects.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Andersen's biggest problem is inconsistency.... Look at the difference even so far this season. Lights out to start the year, 4 goals allowed on under 30 shots in like 3 of his last 4 starts. He's still the #1, but if he can't find consistency I don't know if he'll ever be a 60-65 game starter.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm thinking Andersen seeks out a big deal next year, and why wouldn't he?? Especially with the way things have been going this year in Anaheim.. I just knew Kesler's contract was going to be a crutch for this team soon enough..

I like Andersen as the #1 on this team until his contract is up anyway.. The verdict is still out on this Gibson character!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's #1 but in fantasy standards he might not give you the best results. It doesn't help that Anaheim is actively seeking someone to step up and repalce him. They thought Khudobin would give more of a relief, they hoped Gibson would be an all-star. Anderson's good... Ducks haven't found the same groove as last season. It's strange but they are really missing Beauchemin and Beleskey.

Dobber Sports Deity

Andersen is a restricted free agent at the end of this year. They have already shown Gibson the love when they gave him a three year deal extension in September. Are they going to pay both guys and have one sitting on the bench? It's not entirely out of the question but it's unlikely.

I have always stated I see this similar to the situation Montreal faced with Price and Halak a few years back. They had to make the choice on who to roll with and they went with Price. Hard to argue obviously. It's worked out well for them so far.

I think Anaheim is in a similar spot; they will have to make a choice. Right now, they gave Gibson an extension but it's not like they can't still move that contract, and I have no doubt there are many teams willing to take him should they choose to go with Andersen. Also, with Andersen being a RFA at seasons end, the Ducks aren't forced to do anything right now and technically can wait until the off-season to make the choice. I just think they will try and decide by the trade deadline.

This question is a real hard one to answer because the Ducks don't have to rush anything here. I expect one will be moved, if not by the trade deadline then quite possibly in the off-season (draft maybe?) but I don't know if anyone can really answer this right now. I don't even know if the Ducks even know the answer to this question.

If there's one thing I am confident in, Andersen will be a #1 somewhere next year. It could be a 1A/1B situation in Anaheim (Khudobin is a UFA at the end of this year) with Gibson, or he could be the undisputed #1 in Anaheim, or quite possibly on another team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The guy until Murray can find a trading partner