Thread: Devin Shore; real deal or not?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Devin Shore; real deal or not?

Hey all, was just reading some stuff on Devin Shore of the Stars and I'm seeing conflicting feedback where some see him as a depth player and others feel he has top-6 material written all over him.

I typically try to look at videos and highlight reels (if available) to get a better idea of prospects and their abilities but I have yet to find anything recent on Shore.

Do you guys think he has any upside? I know the guide and the prospects page claim he has second pairing potential but I wonder if this is linked to his torrid start in the A this year or if his skill level is really there.

Any insight is truly appreciated!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Devin Shore; real deal or not?

I think he has top six potential. He has been a good scorer at most levels even after a slight regression last year in college.

He's still got some work to do but I am a believer. Like most young kids, until they actually get a real shot at playing regularly in a scoring role, they will always be on the outside looking in.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think he has top six potential. He has been a good scorer at most levels even after a slight regression last year in college.

He's still got some work to do but I am a believer. Like most young kids, until they actually get a real shot at playing regularly in a scoring role, they will always be on the outside looking in.
    I agree totally. I just don't see him being able to breakthrough the depth at forward in the Stars pipeline. Janmark is making a case for a top six role. Val will be in that mix, as will a healthy Brett Ritchie. Then there's his teammates Dickinson and Elie who I think have higher upside. The opportunity is there for Shore but only time will tell if he can leap frog the others.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the reassurance guys! Will REP you both when I can!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Administrator

He has the potential but in your situation I'd be open to trading him for roster upgrades.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He has the potential but in your situation I'd be open to trading him for roster upgrades.
    It's a 16-team league with stingy managers that cling to their players more than flies on dog doo

What do you think I can get for him? And what would you upgrade? I am tops in the league pretty much every year but I tend to fall short come the playoffs...

Minors:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    It's a 16-team league with stingy managers that cling to their players more than flies on dog doo

What do you think I can get for him? And what would you upgrade? I am tops in the league pretty much every year but I tend to fall short come the playoffs...
    I hate throwing out names because ultimately it depends on the player's availability and the asking price. I'd suggest holding on to Shore for now and listening. When someone in your league announces his team has underachieved and he is selling, that's the time to strike. Usually that's when fantasy-relevant guys can be had at discount rates.

So to summarize I'd be open-minded about it. There will be opportunities.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust