Thread: Manziel dropped to #3 on CLE depth chart

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Manziel dropped to #3 on CLE depth chart

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Manziel dropped to #3 on CLE depth chart

QB3 pretty much means he won’t dress for the game. It’s more so just in case QB1 gets hurt, they don’t put in someone their trying to punish.

I also think this is ridiculous how they are managing the kid. 1, he is supposed to be avoiding that. But to go back and forth all year and leave some “what ifs” in the air surrounding their QB situation is terrible. A team has to go 100% in on a QB for them to be successful.

The team needs someone on offense to help the team out. They should select a WR or Rb in the 2016 draft and hope Josh Gordon comes back. A scramble QB in Manziel throwing to Gordon and another tall strong WR would be fantasy heaven. Or a RB that can make teams stack the box, and let Gordon (who needs to stay the straight and narrow) can burn them down the field.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

His lack of pro level QB talent is enough to make him a 3rd stringer.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    His lack of pro level QB talent is enough to make him a 3rd stringer.
    He needs a better environment to play. He needs to know that going into the game, if he plays bad he’ll still get the next weeks start. Cousins is playing much better this yr than last yr, and that could be because he knows next week he’s QB1 still.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    QB3 pretty much means he won’t dress for the game. It’s more so just in case QB1 gets hurt, they don’t put in someone their trying to punish.

I also think this is ridiculous how they are managing the kid. 1, he is supposed to be avoiding that. But to go back and forth all year and leave some “what ifs” in the air surrounding their QB situation is terrible. A team has to go 100% in on a QB for them to be successful.

The team needs someone on offense to help the team out. They should select a WR or Rb in the 2016 draft and hope Josh Gordon comes back. A scramble QB in Manziel throwing to Gordon and another tall strong WR would be fantasy heaven. Or a RB that can make teams stack the box, and let Gordon (who needs to stay the straight and narrow) can burn them down the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He needs a better environment to play. He needs to know that going into the game, if he plays bad he’ll still get the next weeks start. Cousins is playing much better this yr than last yr, and that could be because he knows next week he’s QB1 still.
    Slag his weapons all you want, McCown has been just fine with his surrounding talent. He needs to act like a professional and earn his teammates respect. Part of being a QB is being a leader. Putting in the work. Making your teammates follow you and play for you. Kid just got named starting QB. He should have been in the film room and the gym his entire bye week getting ready to seize that opportunity. It's too bad, because I'm sure lots of players do exactly what Manziel did on his bye week. But they're smart enough to keep it out of pictures. Stop making excuses for Maziel's failures. This is 100% on him. If they just anoint him the golden boy, nobody on his team will respect him or play for him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Slag his weapons all you want, McCown has been just fine with his surrounding talent. He needs to act like a professional and earn his teammates respect. Part of being a QB is being a leader. Putting in the work. Making your teammates follow you and play for you. Kid just got named starting QB. He should have been in the film room and the gym his entire bye week getting ready to seize that opportunity. It's too bad, because I'm sure lots of players do exactly what Manziel did on his bye week. But they're smart enough to keep it out of pictures. Stop making excuses for Maziel's failures. This is 100% on him. If they just anoint him the golden boy, nobody on his team will respect him or play for him.
    Couldn't agree more.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

IMO the only mistake the Browns made was selecting him in the first place.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    IMO the only mistake the Browns made was selecting him in the first place.
    That was an example of an owner who needed to STFU and let his GM and coach handle draft strategy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m not saying Manziel did the right thing by going out and partying instead of staying home and watching film. But management/coach should either go all in on a QB they selected for their future, or not at all. This back and forth is just frustrating for a QB I bet. For a kid who’s work ethic is already iffy, I can see him being a brat and thinking, “if they aren’t going 100% in on me, I’m not going on them”. Which is terrible, but they should HAVE (past tense) just given him the reigns to see what he could do.

Also, they need an offensive weapon. They haven’t drafted a top end offensive player (WR, TE, RB) besides a QB since Trent Richardson. Not all talent is found in the 1st round, but come on management. Help out whatever QB you want at center with some game changing talent to help him out. Except next yr there isn’t the same class of WR as last yr. I bet you they draft a QB this upcoming yr, because they’ll finally use their top pick to get one. Funny enough Manziel drafted 22, Weeden drafted 22, Brady Quinn drafted 22nd.

In 3 games in 10 days he went 51/84, 60.7% passing, 552 throwing yards (he only threw 3/6 for 12 yards in the 1st game), 2TDs, 1INT, and 49rushing yards (1yrd in 1st game). Manziel has a QB rating this yr of 88.4 in 6starts, McGown has 95.2 in 7starts. When McGown starts, they throw the ball an average of 41times over his last 6 starts. 41! I’m not commending Manziels decision to violate the clubs rules they put in place for him, but the team should have made a decision on 1 of the 2 QBs and stuck with it. I just don’t like how they have dealt with the QB situation in general, and their drafting has been terrible. They need to go all in on a QB, which means grabbing a QB in a top 3 pick, and tossing him to the wolves with weapons to throw to.

I’m going to use Redskins as an example because they’re my team, and they are a decent example. They have Jackson, Reed, Garcon, and about 3 RBs that are actually solid, and all options to go to when throwing. They went all in on RG3 (with a subtle back up of Cousins in the same draft), and let him go. Injuries and ineffectiveness sidelined him, and 1 yr of having them both in flux (2014). This yr, they gave Cousins the reigns and said go it’s yours, RG3 is QB3 so even if you get hurt, you won’t have your spot even threatened. He’s not amazing, but he’s effective and he’s learning from being under center with confidence.

I’m saying Browns need to go and say 1 of the QBs is their QB. None of this back and forth. I still think Manziel has the talent to be a good QB, but needs to smarten up. With the right pieces around him, I can see him actually being a very good QB.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    That was an example of an owner who needed to STFU and let his GM and coach handle draft strategy.
    Somewhere Charles Wang is very upset with you.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

...and yet somehow he was just named the Browns Week 14 starter...

Time to take advantage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yhyp-_hX2s
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Anderson is terrible. That’s how he’s starting. I rather them sign some shmuck and make a statement saying he will be our starter next yr, but we are following through on our punishment.

Dobber Sports Deity

Tim Tebow is still looking for work. Just sayin'.