Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Rumor] Johansen available

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Rumor] Johansen available

Turned out the NYR pick was 19th that yr, picking Rychel. That yr they got Wennberg (14th. Just missing on Domi and Morrisey), Rychel (19th, Mantha maybe being the hindsight pick), and Dano (27th, Theodore just missed).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Really though? I'm not trying to disagree with you I just don't recall the evidence that they've been poorly managed. Filatov is the first to come to mind but in IMO he doesn't count because that wasn't a miss on management, that was a miss on the player. Everyone expected him to be a star, just search his name in these forums. Same could be said for Murray, great player but hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm not sure they'd take him again if given the chance to redraft. Everyone had him pegged as a star too and he still has ample time. They have a really impressive prospect group so I don't see how you can say they miss badly on draft picks.

As far as trading goes, have they really been bad? Obviously the Voracek/Carter trades were an utter disaster, but that's one example and far from the most egregious in recent memory. I think the Saad deal was a solid hockey trade. I can't think of any other blockbusters they've been a part of.

I don't know, I think CBJ has done some stellar drafting in the last half decade and I've also been really impressed with the work the new GM has done. In my mind they have nothing to be careful of, they seem to be doing pretty well considering the circumstances of being one of the least desirable teams to play for. When you can't attract FAs you have to be big players on the trade market-- it's just the way you have to build your team.

Columbus seems to have a habit of trading studs (Voracek, Nash, Brassard) and getting journeymen-types (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Hartnell) back in return, or they get stars in return but end up cycling them out or otherwise losing them (Carter, Gaborik). And now RyJo appears poised to join this list.

And you can't just write off total busts like Filatov and Zherdev. I guarantee that the fan base hasn't.

I'm going to stand by my previous assessment. Their moves simply can't be viewed as an overall positive.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    do you actually think there is a single team in the NHL that would think not to acquire Weber because of his contract?

Nashville has the 2nd most cap space in the league, so you already know they value cap space more than most teams, and they still signed Weber to that contract. The blue jackets are a top 10 team in terms of spending this year, so I really don't think they have an issue acquiring Weber because of his contract.
    I agree, you're right Weber is only thirty. I had thought that he had to be older than that.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Gotta remember, many of these bad trades/picks being mentioned were made with Howson running the show.

The only trades that Jarmo has made that I can remember are Umberger for Hartnell, good move, and Horton for Clarkson, decent move. His drafting has looked good for the most part too.

I'd be very surprised if RJ gets moved unless the return is quite solid
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Gotta remember, many of these bad trades/picks being mentioned were made with Howson running the show.

The only trades that Jarmo has made that I can remember are Umberger for Hartnell, good move, and Horton for Clarkson, decent move. His drafting has looked good for the most part too.

I'd be very surprised if RJ gets moved unless the return is quite solid
    This is true, but I expect that is a distinction which is lost on the majority of the fan-base. I'd venture that most couldn't even tell you who the GM is now or who the GM was back then.

Most of them aren't hockey nerds like we are.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    do you actually think there is a single team in the NHL that would think not to acquire Weber because of his contract?

Nashville has the 2nd most cap space in the league, so you already know they value cap space more than most teams, and they still signed Weber to that contract. The blue jackets are a top 10 team in terms of spending this year, so I really don't think they have an issue acquiring Weber because of his contract.
    If I was the GM of an NHL team, I would stay away from Shea Weber and his contract. His numbers have been steadily declining the last years (not talking offensive production, talking "advanced stats"(hate that term)).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    This is true, but I expect that is a distinction which is lost on the majority of the fan-base. I'd venture that most couldn't even tell you who the GM is now or who the GM was back then.

Most of them aren't hockey nerds like we are.
    lol, I do agree
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    meow...
    Who cares of RyJo, Scarlett is gorgeous
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Sage

Not exactly sure how this changes the conversation but Weber is paid 14 M this season and then 12 M the next 2 seasons and then his salary drops down to 6 M until his last season (3 M). I can see CBJ thinking that Johansen is going to be 8-10 M per and just don't want to pay that.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Not exactly sure how this changes the conversation but Weber is paid 14 M this season and then 12 M the next 2 seasons and then his salary drops down to 6 M until his last season (3 M). I can see CBJ thinking that Johansen is going to be 8-10 M per and just don't want to pay that.
    It's definitely relevant for those teams with internal caps because they are all about capping salary, not actual cap space - unless I've mistaken this. It's more about how much the owner wants to spend/pay in salaries, not cap space, so yeah, if a team is willing to pony up for the balance of this season and one more "big" salary year, it might be enough to entice a, ahem, cheap owner to take a chance.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Who cares of RyJo, Scarlett is gorgeous
    Now this topic is interesting!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..